Husqvarna 162 Chain brake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myhomereno

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Recently I bought an old Husky 162, at least I think it's a 162. The tag with the number is missing. I found some pics on the web and I measured the cylinder bore (48 mm).
It does need a bit of work. It has spark but doesn't run because of a broken fuel line that I will replace. I was thinking to rebuilt the carb at the same time.
The side cover has the chain brake assembly missing. The brake lever incl. the band and little bits and pieces are missing.
Right now the side cover (number 50 15 210) has a piece under the 2 bolt holes for the chain bar broken. Is there any other saw that uses the same side cover with chain brake that I could use?
Any help is appreciated.
Martin

Last edited:
brake

Only thing, they don't make the metal assemblies anymore. Your going to have to get the new one, I had to do it for my 266XP also. It cost me $80 or so, that kinda P'ed me off, but whatcha gonna do eh? Where's the pics bro???

:cheers: :popcorn:

The brake on Ebay will fit and 45.00 is good.Buy a muffler brace for your saw,the one that bolts at the end of the two studs # 5015 249 01 ,or you will be looking for broken studs,forget the broken top one if you install the brace..Also,where the chain catcher used to be,install a new catcher or a flat and lock washer under the bolt.If you dont do it,you gonna damage your case hole.

The brake on Ebay will fit and 45.00 is good.Buy a muffler brace for your saw,the one that bolts at the end of the two studs # 5015 249 01 ,or you will be looking for broken studs,forget the broken top one if you install the brace..Also,where the chain catcher used to be,install a new catcher or a flat and lock washer under the bolt.If you dont do it,you gonna damage your case hole.

Sorry, but you have to walk me thru this please.:confused: What is the muffler brace, what does it look like? Is that just like a plate with 2 holes in it where the studs go thru? And, what's a chain catcher, what does it look like? How does it work with a lock washer under the bolt? Do you have a pic of it?
I know I will get the saw running again, I just don't know about the parts I will need. It's not rocket science, its just a chainsaw!!!

Sorry, but you have to walk me thru this please.:confused: What is the muffler brace, what does it look like? Is that just like a plate with 2 holes in it where the studs go thru? And, what's a chain catcher, what does it look like? How does it work with a lock washer under the bolt? Do you have a pic of it?
I know I will get the saw running again, I just don't know about the parts I will need. It's not rocket science, its just a chainsaw!!!

Look [URL="http://weborder.husqvarna.com/order_static/doc/HIPL/HIPL1981/HIPL1981_I8100001.pdf"]here .[/URL]
On page G,item #5016 084 01 for the exhaust brace.
On page M item #5015 311 01 for the chain catcher.The catcher bolt screws in the bottom antivibe as you can see on pic.

And for the exhaust brace,order instead # 5015 249 01 ,she will two "arms" holding the support,stronger.

Hi everyone
Recently I bought an old Husky 162, at least I think it's a 162. The tag with the number is missing. I found some pics on the web and I measured the cylinder bore (48 mm).
It does need a bit of work. It has spark but doesn't run because of a broken fuel line that I will replace. I was thinking to rebuilt the carb at the same time.
The side cover has the chain brake assembly missing. The brake lever incl. the band and little bits and pieces are missing.
Right now the side cover (number 50 15 210) has a piece under the 2 bolt holes for the chain bar broken. Is there any other saw that uses the same side cover with chain brake that I could use?
Any help is appreciated.
Martin

I got the fuel line, filter and carb kit from a local dealer (a big rental store) yesterday and was quiet surprised when he presented me with a $53 bill. :cry: WOW, that much money for these few simple parts. :jawdrop:
I hope thats all the money I have to put in the saw. If I get the time I will take the carb apart to clean it and put the new bits and pieces in it. Will see how it goes. For no I will hold off with the chain brake assembly until the saw is running well. Other than that everything is fine on the saw. Compression is 110PSI and the cylinder looks good through the exhaust port. Maybe at some point I'll put new rings in it.
A while ago somebody gave me a brand new McCullough 3200 cheap little plastic saw, 32cc. I ran 2 tanks off gas through it, so it's like new. That little thing has only 75PSI compression. The old worn out husky has more compression than a new "plastic" saw.

Martin

I got the fuel line, filter and carb kit from a local dealer (a big rental store) yesterday and was quiet surprised when he presented me with a $53 bill. :cry: WOW, that much money for these few simple parts. :jawdrop:
I hope thats all the money I have to put in the saw. If I get the time I will take the carb apart to clean it and put the new bits and pieces in it. Will see how it goes. For no I will hold off with the chain brake assembly until the saw is running well. Other than that everything is fine on the saw. Compression is 110PSI and the cylinder looks good through the exhaust port. Maybe at some point I'll put new rings in it.
A while ago somebody gave me a brand new McCullough 3200 cheap little plastic saw, 32cc. I ran 2 tanks off gas through it, so it's like new. That little thing has only 75PSI compression. The old worn out husky has more compression than a new "plastic" saw.

Martin

110psi smells like it is due for a rebuild to me - at least a new ring, maybe piston as well....

Latest posts

Back