Husqvarna 162se

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redgap

Redgap

ArboristSite Operative
true story? or you just pulling my leg? i was being sarcastic btw. if that is a true story, that’s F**ked up!!!
True story...involved lots of stitches and him getting a saw with a chainbrake. BTW I spent my formative years running a 1960’s Homey XP1000 with no anti vibe or chainbrake, and I never thought it was a problem. Now that I’m much older and have had friends get gashed badly, I’m more cautious...and reinstalled missing chain brakes on my Husky 66 and 154 after I bought them.

KASH

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
That was a feature cutters really disliked the plastic flags on the 266 and 670 were almost melting away all day long.The early metal ones were better but did not up as well when it came to sharp blows or droppage they would break where the metal handle joins the bar cover.
I cut with or with out brakes but I truly believe I would have been cut on several occsions if I had not had a chain brake.
Kash

Treenado

Treenado

ArboristSite Lurker
most the times i’m using my saws for firewood purposes now. of the injuries i’ve seen have been related to legs(left one), feet, and oddly enough the left hand.

joe25DA

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I use saws with and without brakes. I learned on my Dads S25DA. A top handle saw is especially prone to kickback. I was taught to keep a good grip and lock my left arm straight and be aware of what I’m cutting and the area in front of the bar. I’ve always run saws with or without brakes. One area I do like a chain brake is when I’m walking thru the bush, I set the brake so I know it wont accidentally rev during transport. Otherwise I’ll shut it off

nwhunter

nwhunter

ArboristSite Member
I've got 2 or 3 of these series saws and found the AM chain brakes are a pretty good part compared to the 55 series AM chain brakes that are junk. The biggest problem I seem to have with these are the two pc coil set up.

Latest posts