• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 181se 210-215psi. (decided to keep it)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumberJack1940

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Been working and tinkering on this 181 for awhile now and have more time and money invested into it than I thought I would and feel like someone out there will get more use out of it than I would as I use the 660 and 385 most of the time, so far has been a great saw. had 180psi before base gasket delete and after has 220psi which I think was the extra oil in the cylinder when installed as it's 210-215psi now, has roughly 3-4 tanks through it. new parts list: meteor piston, oem crank seals and oiler o ring, carb kit, oem clutch spring, new 8 pin rim, governor plugged, oem fuel line and filter, oem gasket kit (will include case gasket as I didn't have to split the case), oem killswitch, and green weenie air filter setup, fuel line boot is on but the throttle boot is off right now, will reinstall. oil cap has a small crack that leaks a little if left on its side. asking $450+ whatever shipping will be with 28" recond. oregon bar w/ stihl full comp chisel chain or $425+whatever shipping will be PHO.
Thank you for your time -Jack
005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 012.JPG 014.JPG 002.PNG 009.JPG

Those compression numbers are in the ball park. The combustion chamber on an OEM 181 cylinder is tiny.
Thanks Jacob, yeah when I had the cylinder off it looked small. Want to see this thing go to a good home, only thing I don't favor is the exhaust deflector. taking it out tomorrow to cut some oak up as I haven't ran it in wood yet with the base gasket delete, I will say my muffler modded 385 sure liked the delete

I told Santa this is what I wonted. But she said it wasent going to happen :( But I'll give you a bump for a very nice saw.

A couple year ago i searched for 181's and never did find one. 2 year later here is a nice one at that! Nice saw.
Thanks guys, went out yesterday with some buds to cut up some oaks and we all brought our saws, I brought the 385 and this and I buried the 28 on the 181 in a 30" piece and leaned on it hard and it wanted to just go and go with only some rpm drop

$425+shipping.
I edited the OP
Hello, is the saw still for sale ? I will be heading up to Mountain Ranch after the first of the year. Have a place on Swiss Ranch Rd. Maybe we could meet at Sender's ? Let me know, thanks. Larry

Hello, is the saw still for sale ? I will be heading up to Mountain Ranch after the first of the year. Have a place on Swiss Ranch Rd. Maybe we could meet at Sender's ? Let me know, thanks. Larry
as of right now the saw is not for sale, forgot I had it listed up here. I decided to keep it and run it for awhile as it's been a go to saw for me, not saying I've put a bunch of tanks through but have ran it a lot more. if it comes back up for sale i'll let you know Larry.
Thank you
-Jack
p.s. are you from up here in calaveras?

Latest posts

Back