Husqvarna 2100 ..... Can A Chain Brake Be Added ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That poor little Kabota is earning her keep, i like the hook idea.

Here is one of them dude. These Sugar Maples were growing around most farmsteads a hundred / hundred and fifty years ago, so there are plenty near homes today past their prime. I was given another one this summer after a chunk of it came down in a storm. I bucked this one with my 372, but it was working up a sweat. This is the type of wood that makes me want a 90+ cc saw.

I saw the clutch covers on Ebay in England. I was wondering about them also.

SugarMaple001-2.jpg

Yes...... that is the saw.

The ad has been up for a week, so apparently there is not a line of people beating a path to his door. I did call him back and offer $300....... and he declined.

Guess it just wasn't meant to be for me. :dunno:

Don't give up so easily. My advice if the saw is still available, is to make a trip over to the seller's house to test run the saw with $300 in your front pocket, and another $40 in your back pocket. Test the saw, and really check it out like you should, but make sure you notice a couple of minor things that should be addressed. when you get done putting it through its paces, tell the seller that you really like, but these things need to be fixed(insert issues here), then show him the $300in folding money. I have a similar vintage 2100CD, and I paid just under $300, but I had to replace the molded fuel line($17) air filter cover($20 used) kill switch, and choke grommet($10 used).
Even for $350.00 that is a dang good deal for a "good" 2100. Even today there are very few new saws that could keep up with it in good size wood. Back in the day if it wasn't the number one falling saw here in the PNW, it was a close second to whatever was!

I completely agree.

Take an aussies advice and quickly rethink, go and make sure the bore is ok ( ask to remove the muffler and inspect) then give him the money. those guys are correct, someone else will buy for that price and you will loose an opertunity to aquire something worth haveing.

I hope it isn't to late already. Sound advice, for an Australian..................:laugh:

Don't give up so easily. My advice if the saw is still available, is to make a trip over to the seller's house to test run the saw with $300 in your front pocket, and another $40 in your back pocket. Test the saw, and really check it out like you should, but make sure you notice a couple of minor things that should be addressed. when you get done putting it through its paces, tell the seller that you really like, but these things need to be fixed(insert issues here), then show him the $300in folding money. I have a similar vintage 2100CD, and I paid just under $300, but I had to replace the molded fuel line($17) air filter cover($20 used) kill switch, and choke grommet($10 used).

I completely agree.

I hope it isn't to late already. Sound advice, for an Australian..................:laugh:

hahaha, were not all bad

This Is What I Get For Asking Chainsaw Addicts If I Need Another Saw.................

Well, went and picked up the 2100 tonight. He had called me a day or two after I made him the offer, and agreed to meet me halfway on the price. I gave it a couple more days and agreed. It was long after dark when I picked it up, so I'll try to take a few pictures tomorrow after work if I'm home early enough.

I appreciate the info on the 2100s you guys gave. :rock:

Well, went and picked up the 2100 tonight. He had called me a day or two after I made him the offer, and agreed to meet me halfway on the price. I gave it a couple more days and agreed. It was long after dark when I picked it up, so I'll try to take a few pictures tomorrow after work if I'm home early enough.

I appreciate the info on the 2100s you guys gave. :rock:

Great News man, and I'm glad you, and the seller came to your senses........LOL!!! I look forward to seeing some pictures of it.

Such good advise my friend's, and such a wise decision ductape. Remeber we arent just collector's, but user's LOL!:clap::cheers:

Latest posts

Back