Husqvarna 262 carburetor upgrade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big termite

big termite

Have a ported and muffler mod on my Husky 262xp with a HDA 120--plenty of fuel and runs great but I know it has more in it--I know the early models used a HDA 87 with bigger venturi and more air flow which I know it could use---anybody have a idea if the HDA 198 or 199 from a 357 xp will work venturi size is correct--not sure of the impulse port--some say the 199 has some problems but if rebuilt is better than a Zama--thanks for any ideas

big termite

big termite

Thanks for the reply any info you can give me would be great--I have great power now with the 120 but I would like to see what more I can get--I don't go radical but try to improve them for the best power and flow I can get---plus I use mine and keep them reliable to cut wood for my woodstoves.

trappermike

trappermike

ArboristSite Guru
I have not ever checked the carb bolt-hole spread for mounting to see if it might be the same spread as a Tilloton HS type,which was used in a variety of venturi diameters,this carb model was the most popular ever used,from Husky 266-2100,hopefully that model could be adapted(With a little Ingenuity).An HS model that came on a 181 model Husky may be a good choice...
Otherwise it may be possible to enlarge the venturi somewhat,I've had good success with this mod and on motorcycle carbs too(many Mikuni Models), Good Luck!

ncfarmboy

ncfarmboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Bolt pattern location on HDA is horizontal Tillotson HS is canted. Way too much trouble to use HS IMO. Would require fabbing an intake block, etc. There are some large venturi HDA carbs out there Echo 8000 for one can't remember venturi size but it's larger than the 87 IIRC.
Shep

Latest posts