Husqvarna 265RX

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundraotto

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
figured i'd pick one of these up before all the damn strokers went away....anyway - havent even fired it up as I have been so busy..looking to clear some scrap (6acres of it basically). so I dont know where to get replacement blades etc for even cheaper than baileys :blob2: if there is such a place. ALSO - non adjustable carb:angry: where is greffard? he was good at those...

Try to find an old carb from a 165 or earlier 265,and bolt it on.You ll get adj needles.But dont run it too lean because you are looking for trouble like seized crank.Dont buy the thin blade like the original one,you need to file them often.Look for Windsor blades even if they are more expensive.

ill skip on fitting and old carb on a new saw. i will open the exhaust a bunch though - it should lean it out nice,.

tundraotto said:
ill skip on fitting and old carb on a new saw. i will open the exhaust a bunch though - it should lean it out nice,.
Most fixed jets are lean from the factory--not rich. If you open the muffler up too much with no carb adjustment, you're going to fry your saw.

Latest posts

Back