Husqvarna 266 torque specs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcor

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the torque specs are for the cylinder bolts, spark plug and muffler bolts for a 1982 Husqvarna 266 se ? I've been all over the web looking for this info and I'm guessing you folks are my best bet. Thanks for any info you can provide.

ok, my workshop manual doesnt cover 266....BUT,

262 head bolts are 9nm, 261,268 and 272 head bolts are 10nm

so between 9 and 10 should do it.

muffler bolts on all these saws are 10nm for the long bolt that passes through the muffler and 6nm for the small bolt that fixes the muffler mount.

20nm for sparkplug on 262

15nm for sparkplug on 261,268 and 272

cheers, Serg

ok, my workshop manual doesnt cover 266....BUT,

262 head bolts are 9nm, 61,268 and 272 head bolts are 10nm

so between 9 and 10 should do it. ....

10 is my guess, it is basically the same as the 268, not the 262 that belong to a dofferent family of saws (smaller and lighter).

Last edited:

I've had mine apart about 10 times, new ring, cleaning, investigations etc... Even though they are swedish, German specs with work for them, lmao...

Gooooood 'n tot!!!!!

:cheers: eh? lmao

Thanks Guys! I dialed it up at 10 nm. Started the saw up today. Nothing cracked or went flying. Cheers

266xp

I worked on a husky 266xp for my buddy over summer. He said "get it running." So I brought it home and pulled it prolly 50 times after I put fresh gas in it. It wouldn't start. The carb was unbolted.....hahaha...I wonder why it wouldn't start....lol So I bolted it back on and tightened everything. The muffler bolts where also VERY loose. So I tightened them, and pulled it prolly 20 more times and it putted. I pulled it 4 more times and I got it running. I tuned the L screw and the idle screw and got her purring perfect. But the saw was still a mess. It needed a bar, chain, chainbrake, sparkplug, fuelfilter, sproket, dawgs, top cover bolts. It ran pretty good though. It would hold its own with a stihl 038 that's for sure. I'm thinking of buying it from the guy....as he prolly hasn't used it since I worked on it.....lol:greenchainsaw: :cheers: :clap: :)

I worked on a husky 266xp for my buddy over summer. He said "get it running." So I brought it home and pulled it prolly 50 times after I put fresh gas in it. It wouldn't start. The carb was unbolted.....hahaha...I wonder why it wouldn't start....lol So I bolted it back on and tightened everything. The muffler bolts where also VERY loose. So I tightened them, and pulled it prolly 20 more times and it putted. I pulled it 4 more times and I got it running. I tuned the L screw and the idle screw and got her purring perfect. But the saw was still a mess. It needed a bar, chain, chainbrake, sparkplug, fuelfilter, sproket, dawgs, top cover bolts. It ran pretty good though. It would hold its own with a stihl 038 that's for sure. I'm thinking of buying it from the guy....as he prolly hasn't used it since I worked on it.....lol:greenchainsaw: :cheers: :)
Welp, yer probably right about eatin' a 038, mine would. As for your bud not using it since ya worked on it.........
Yas supposed to give it back first mate!! :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

:D

:cheers:

Serge

266xp

Welp, yer probably right about eatin' a 038, mine would. As for your bud not using it since ya worked on it.........
Yas supposed to give it back first mate!! :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

:D

:cheers:

Serge

He came and got it...I just forgot to say it....lol:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back