• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 266se

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Clean and complete 266se. Selling PHO. After sitting a while, it doesn't want to be have correctly and I have neither the time nor patience to figure out what's up. Probably needs carb kit and cleaning. Has a noisy clutch, so it will want to have that looked at; it appears to be the NLA coarse thread, so maybe just pop on a new spring? It definitely has stout compression: I didn't put a gauge on it, but it rode the rope down slowly and gently, even with the bar on.

$175 PHO shipped CONUS, PayPal gift.IMG_6462.JPG IMG_6465.JPG IMG_6467.JPG IMG_6464.JPG IMG_6466.JPG

Looks nice. Whats NLS coarse thread mean? I am not sure but if you still have it whenever I get a extra 175 bucks I can spare which looks likely to be around whenever I sell a few things that are extras of mine locally. Probably would also be a better plan to fix yours instead of the one of mine that has been sitting for a while with much more severe problems such as a broken off exhaust bolt deep enough that the part that goes inside is only half as deep as it should be. Also the chain brake don't work and never will. The muffler has a crack in it that is massive and futile to fix also. Maybe worst thing of all those are only the things I already know about it.

I have similar things going on here with wayward Echo and Stihl Backpack blowers. I had 4 136s and 3 137s an a 36 but sold all but one of the 136s which I would have sold that one too but it sounds terrible from a distance making a pinging noise from inside the motor plus it seems to overheat quickly and the oiler dumps it then stops for 5-10 secs before repeating that cycle again. I also have probably 5 tempermental reed valve saws and one excellent one 3 poulan, 1 craftsman, 1 husqvarna and the winner is another husqvarna branded poulan they added a brake to as well as another $100 to the price tag. Thankfully I only paid 45 for that. The Craftsman actually runs perfect an only set me back 20 total now. The poulans varied between 20 and 35 an I only got my money out of one so far. Probably the impulse line is clogged or gummed up and its a quick easy fix but I haven't bothered trying either since theres to many more important things to do first an once I start to get caught up I end up piling more on immediately.

My neighbors blower stopped working for him the other day and when I checked the compression giving a dozen pulls it only read 50lbs. That was right about the time he told me that it was seized up half a hour earlier. I noticed it didnt have any air filter or the cover and before it locked up I could hear the rpms going well above what it should be. The gas cap leaked as well and the primerbulb was cracked too. It was only a craftsman chinese bullshitting to look like a bargain instead of the bummer they really become.

Also become a stihl FS shelter since I now have 5 identical ones and 4 almost the same ones plus the FS70 and FS90 which both run. Have a 130 that doesn't seem to have any spark.

Winter is nearly over. I did not touch it. Up for sale again.

Also have a cosmetically good but non-running (scored piston, appears to be an air leak) 266 with some "plastic rot" on the bottom of the tank handle. $100 shipped for that one. Below is the original ad from when I bought it. I brought it home and put it on a shelf, haven't done a darned thing with it.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husqvarna-266se-runner-needing-tlc.303807/

Yeah Brett, I have been known to have seller ls remorse, once I list them. Think I may have kept 2 or 3 like that, but how can you blame a guy? They just look so dang good on my shelves.lol

Yeah Brett, I have been known to have seller ls remorse, once I list them. Think I may have kept 2 or 3 like that, but how can you blame a guy? They just look so dang good on my shelves.lol
At times we've all had that problem, some just worse than others :lol:.
@computeruser is this a 1989 model as the 300th Anniversary decal would indicate?
A nice shot of the tag would help on that one :).

Latest posts

Back