Husqvarna 281XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYSawBoss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am currently bidding on a Husqvarna 281 and would like to know if anyone can tell me the year of production based on the serial number. None of the "decoders" seem to work. Here is what I have from the info plate on the saw.

Thanks,

Tony

I am currently bidding on a Husqvarna 281 and would like to know if anyone can tell me the year of production based on the serial number. None of the "decoders" seem to work. Here is what I have from the info plate on the saw.

Thanks,

Tony

My best guess would be 1997, week 20, unit 828. IF it´s a BLACK tag..

Thanks,

Tony
The saw's only got 30 watchers so if you snipe it like ya mean it, you stand a good chance of snagging the thing.;)
Here - and you are right on the dating! :msp_wink:

The black tags started 1987 though......
That's good to know, your info is always appreciated!:cheers:

I would be suspicious of a saw from the PNW wearing a K&N set-up. To me, it suggest the saw has probably seen its share of wood. Not that it can't be a good saw, just saying................

I would be suspicious of a saw from the PNW wearing a K&N set-up. To me, it suggest the saw has probably seen its share of wood. Not that it can't be a good saw, just saying................

come on you know you wanted it.:msp_biggrin:

Back