Husqvarna 3120xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glennschumann

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am weak (or I have issues)... I just added a used 3120xp to my collection... I've been looking for one for a while to expand my milling set up, but I'm going to feel bad about using it... it is practically new! I don't want to be the first to put a scratch in it. Any volunteers? :)

Pictures are attached for those who like to drool. I will be dressing it up with a 60" bar soon.

If I can ask... does anybody have a suggestion as to how to acquire an illustrated parts list, and/or shop manual for this one? Until now, I've been working on 066's, so I need to turn my wrenches with a different accent...

Total displacement in my 5 saw collection is now at about 401cc - a small motorcycle. You?

For those wondering; much less than half of the new price.

Welcome to the 3120 club.

Husky has manuals online.

Someone had a shop manual online here for all Husky saws. I printed it off. Invaluable. No I do not remember who it was.

I am weak (or I have issues)... I just added a used 3120xp to my collection... I've been looking for one for a while to expand my milling set up, but I'm going to feel bad about using it... it is practically new! I don't want to be the first to put a scratch in it. Any volunteers? :)

Pictures are attached for those who like to drool. I will be dressing it up with a 60" bar soon.

If I can ask... does anybody have a suggestion as to how to acquire an illustrated parts list, and/or shop manual for this one? Until now, I've been working on 066's, so I need to turn my wrenches with a different accent...

Total displacement in my 5 saw collection is now at about 401cc - a small motorcycle. You?

PM sent. Ill sort you out with EVERYTHING you need to know (i love my 3120's!!!)

Any dealer you can get you an I.P.L list from husky direct. I just picked up a clean 181, bro printed up a parts list, they even have the sprocket cover sticker still avail. HUSQVARNA! Also amazing how many parst interchange, part #'s change constant, so you need a good dealer.

There are nine different IPLs availiable through Huskys UK web-site, your serial number will tell which one applies for your saw (year and week of production).

Hopefully your saw is a few years old, and not one of the severely rev limited newer ones........

Last edited:
Noiiiicccceee...

I'm jealous....I only have two.....but yours is prettier......wanna trade..?

Hey, the saw you'll be getting is putting out 12.6789345 horsepower.....:biggrinbounce2:

It's featured in this video....twin 7/8th" exhaust, full woods mods....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6UFXKmH4zw
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2wMdGPEPfc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2wMdGPEPfc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2wMdGPEPfc

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2wMdGPEPfc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2wMdGPEPfc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lakeside just reringed it for me, and gave it a light hone. Compression was down, power was off a bit, now the rings are seating, and compression should get back up to 155-160. While the saw is old, it still has many years of useful life left. When I first had it ported, there was a night and day difference in power!

My other one is now mated to a portable stump grinder....and came with a 72" roller nose bar...it's all yours for a reasonable price...Make me an offer...anything over $975 or under $1.99.......:hmm3grin2orange:

Actually, now that I think about it, that saw is altogether too much saw for ya, (and it's way too shiny) and you need to send it to me right away. I'll even pay shipping....

as long as it's under $750......:monkey:

Last edited:
There are nine different IPLs availiable through Huskys UK web-site, your serial number will tell which one applies for your saw (year and week of production).

Hopefully your saw is a few years old, and not one of the severely rev limited newer ones........

Troll, you are THE man!!:yourock:

My other one is now mated to a portable stump grinder....and came with a 72" roller nose bar...it's all yours for a reasonable price...Make me an offer...anything over $975 or under $1.99.......:hmm3grin2orange:

hey nice work landin that tree inbetween the shed and the fence. these things always go wrong with a camera filmin, but ya nailed it!

Huh?

Are you okay Roger? Don't tell me that you would take $976 for your alpine with a 3120 on it. If you are serious, I'll see you this weekend. If you are just in a good mood or have an open brew there, crack open another one.

Nice Saw! What year is it? Makes my 395 look like a limb saw:greenchainsaw:

Thanks Troll. Congrats on the 3120, Schumann!:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Are you okay Roger? Don't tell me that you would take $976 for your alpine with a 3120 on it. If you are serious, I'll see you this weekend. If you are just in a good mood or have an open brew there, crack open another one.
Heh...

Ya liked my dangling modifier...errr, coulda been a participle...for all I remember of Engrish, errr grammar.....

I meant the bar....which I would prolly let go for somewhere in the 'hood of $200......

and I would trade my Greffardized 3120 for his...so I could get the new one ported....

Nice 3120 ya got there.
Someday i will have one for my collection.

If i were to add up my total CC's in my whole
collection i would be off the scale.
Just my Sachs Dolmar 166's are 926 CC's

Good luck with your saw, Don't scratch it.

Regards Lee

Latest posts

Back