husqvarna 35 hairspray

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonez10

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
went to cut some firewood for a buddy to day cause his husqvarna 35 doesnt run.
im talking with him trying to get his saw to run and he says to me " hairspray
works to"
he put it down the carb
the spark plug had a coating of this on it, the cylinder has pits in it, thats as far a i made it looking through the exhaust port.

more than likely gunked up the carb and possibly stuck a ring. Its like pouring glue down the carb the sticky stuff never burns out all the way and leaves a very sticky goo behind.

ya but some if dried and is chipping
i dont really wanna pull it all apart but thats the way its looking

Dang, in an engine?????? We used to put handle bar grips on MX'r with hairspray and have used it to hold waterpump gasket in place. Also makes a great fuel for tater gun but never in an engine.

went to cut some firewood for a buddy to day cause his husqvarna 35 doesnt run.
im talking with him trying to get his saw to run and he says to me " hairspray
works to"
he put it down the carb
the spark plug had a coating of this on it, the cylinder has pits in it, thats as far a i made it looking through the exhaust port.

He needs to switch brands of hair spray. Use the spray with silver tint in it. It will not only hide the pits in the cylinder but it will make the piston look new again!

hairspray is ok but if you really want to launch some spuds nothing beats propane...just be a little careful...it can get away from you quick

Back