Husqvarna 350 Clutch Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scandy14

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I did a search first and did not come up with anything other than Troll advising to use a hammer and chisel. (Seems like I remember Andy saying you shouldn't hit anything on a saw with a hammer.....LOL)

So, other than the correct tool, is there any alternatives to remove the clutch, other thank the Fred Flintstone method?

Last edited:
I did a search first and did not come up with anything other than Troll advising to use a hammer and chisel. (Seems like a remember Andy saying you shouldn't hit anythin on a saw with a hammer.....LOL)

So, other than the correct tool, is there any alternatives to remove the clutch, other thank the Fred Flintstone method?

LOL - Your memory is good - I vote for Fred Flintstone......

Dude never use a hammer to remove a clutch.
To take a clutch off, you do the same thing you use to remove a loose tooth. String and a pick up truck.
Tie one end to the clutch and the other to a pick up. Then hold on the saw real tight, I mean real tight, don't mess around here, I mean hold that sucker real tight. Than have someone take off in the pick up, but make sure you start with alot of slack on the rope so you have a real clean jerk.

Dude never use a hammer to remove a clutch.
To take a clutch off, you do the same thing you use to remove a loose tooth. String and a pick up truck.
Tie one end to the clutch and the other to a pick up. Then hold on the saw real tight, I mean real tight, don't mess around here, I mean hold that sucker real tight. Than have someone take off in the pick up, but make sure you start with alot of slack on the rope so you have a real clean jerk.

On second thought, maybe the Fred Flintstone method isn't a bad idea after all ...........LOL

Another vote for Fred Flintstone. Use a brass or aluminium drift to drive the clutch round and remember it's a left-hand thread. It's what I'd do.

Pickup: rofl

Looks like it would be pretty easy to make the tool out of a spare socket.
http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=31118&catID=95

Yep, I made this for my 346 but it will work also on a 350. Can be made easy with a spare 1/2" socket, hole saw, drill bits, and a TIG welder.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back