husqvarna 350 wont start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poacherpv

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 350 that I'm fixing up and I cant get to start, well run for more than a second. I've done everything I know, like new gas, gas line, tear the cylinder off, new carb kit, and even a new carb! I have good spark but still nothing more than a second. TO me she's runing out of gas, I just dont know. What's my next move.

Is fuel getting into the cylinder, is the plug wet?

Try pouring a little fuel in though the spark plug hole and see if it runs any longer than the second you've been getting.

If it does then probably the problem is the carb (yeah, new carb I heard ya), or at least related to it, maybe the impulse hose. I'm not familiar with the model, so it may not have an impulse hose as such. Might have an impulse channel instead, but this should be checked for blockage too.

If not maybe a blocked tank vent or even a blocked fuel filter.

Try the fuel down the hole first, if it does run for longer then fuel isn't getting through.

Why did you take the cylinder off? What did the piston look like? Did you check the compression?

Is the intake flange in good shape? The 350 has got a three piece intake with the impulse connections running through. If there is a bad connection in the impulse circuit you will get similar symptoms that you are seeing.

Does the carburetor tighten up properly to the flange. The plastic in those flanges has got a habit of stripping out.

On the bottom of that saw there are four socket head cap screws holding the crank case halves together. I have seen them come loose and even the head break off of one of those causing the saw to suck air instead of fuel. You might want to make sure that they are all tight and in one piece.

Latest posts

Back