Husqvarna 353 transfer port problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furray

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 340 and a genuine Husqvarna 45mm 353 346 cylinder with the removable transfer covers. With no base gasket the squish is .028. Intake 68, exhaust 105, transfers 128. I don't see a big problem with the numbers ? The big problem I see is the transfers don't open all the way, about 3/32" still to go but the crank is on bdc and the piston is perfectly stopped at the bottom of the exhaust port. Hard to believe it's engineered this way. Any Ideas ?

I guess it's a engineering mistake that made it off the drawing board and somehow into production without anyone noticing it. No sense in messing with it anymore because it will never flow right like that. I'll just take the beating and Ebay it for whatever it brings and move on. I was never too crazy with the transfer engineering in the first place. It's way too congested at the bottom and not shaped right.
That being said, what about a 346xp cylinder on it ? How many different ones were made and which one should I get ? Oh, and will I run into this problem with one of the 346xp's ?

Latest posts

Back