Husqvarna 353

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reznorbart

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a problem with my 353. When I put fuel in it the fuel will leak out of the ends of the impulse hose. When the saw is upright it won't leak and when its on its side it will just keep running out. Any help on repairing this?

Are you sure the fuel is leaking from the impulse line? The impulse line has both ends of the impulse line tightly connected to and makes the connection between the intake components that connect the carb to the cylinder.

Pioneerguy600

Last edited:
I have a problem with my 353. When I put fuel in it the fuel will leak out of the ends of the impulse hose. When the saw is upright it won't leak and when its on its side it will just keep running out. Any help on repairing this?

It's not an impulse hose, these saws' impulse is inside the intake. There's three nipples on the tank, if it's a later model and I'm guessing you have the lines switched. The white plastic is a vent that has no line hooked to it.

Are you sure the fuel is leaking from the impulse line? The impulse line as both ends of the impulse line is tightly connected to and makes the connection between the intake components that connect the carb to the cylinder.

Pioneerguy600

I took the cover off and acually watched fuel squirt out of th end of the hose. The saw runs fine but I can't fill it up all the way because of the leak.

I took the cover off and acually watched fuel squirt out of th end of the hose. The saw runs fine but I can't fill it up all the way because of the leak.

We need a pict. of it as it cannot be your impulse line, it must be a tank vent. All the 353 and 346`s I has the tank vent on the right top side of the fuel tank, just two white round discs that push in the hole .

Pioneerguy600

We need a pict. of it as it cannot be your impulse line, it must be a tank vent. All the 353 and 346`s I has the tank vent on the right top side of the fuel tank, just two white round discs that push in the hole .

Pioneerguy600

A guy on Ebay called it an impulse hose. I thought it was a tank vent. There are 2 black lines right beside the carb. Should they be plugged? They are both open and thats where the fuel comes out. I will try to get a picture and post it tomorrow. Thanks

Probably coming out of the tank vent - not familiar with this saw but it is possible the one way valve is missing - download the IPL and make sure all the tank vent components are there and connected - it is quite common to have a one way valve and a sintered brass breather in the hose.

Spud

Yes, nothing should come out of the tank went, it should just let air in, as the amount of fuel lessens, to avoid vacuum in the tank!

There are 2 black lines right beside the carb. Should they be plugged? They are both open and thats where the fuel comes out. I will try to get a picture and post it tomorrow. Thanks

Now it makes a little more sense. Those two lines on the left side of the carb go to the primer (squeeze bulb thingie) One from tank goes in, other to the carb. If you don't use the primer, plug them and fix your problems.

Now it makes a little more sense. Those two lines on the left side of the carb go to the primer (squeeze bulb thingie) One from tank goes in, other to the carb. If you don't use the primer, plug them and fix your problems.

+1, an open fuel primer line needs to be plugged or a new primer installed, it would most certainly leak but that is a far cry from a impulse line.

Pioneerguy600

+1, an open fuel primer line needs to be plugged or a new primer installed, it would most certainly leak but that is a far cry from a impulse line.

Pioneerguy600[/QUOTE

The hose in the picture is the one leaking. I know now that it is not an impulse line. There is no primer bulb on this saw. Should the ends of the hoses be plugged? Thanks

There is no primer bulb on this saw. Should the ends of the hoses be plugged? Thanks

If I'm seeing it correctly, those are for a primer. Plug them both and you're fixed. Also plug the half inch or so hole in the plastic where the bulb goes or it might disrupt the cooling airflow a little and let dirtier air to the air filter.

Better yet, that saw is not fixable. Ship it to me for proper disposal! :)

If I'm seeing it correctly, those are for a primer. Plug them both and you're fixed. Also plug the half inch or so hole in the plastic where the bulb goes or it might disrupt the cooling airflow a little and let dirtier air to the air filter.

Better yet, that saw is not fixable. Ship it to me for proper disposal! :)

Yes, 353s made before about mid 2007 don't have a primer bulb. That hose is for those that have them.

Last edited:
We need some facts here - when was the saw made, and is the carb the original one?

Does the saw have a primer bulb?

Last edited:
Back