husqvarna 357xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty nice especially for its age.

:msp_w00t: Wowsers- that thing is mint.:msp_wub: Do you have a story to go with the saw? :popcorn:

Yeah the guy I bought it from was the second owner and he never used it just started it once a month. He said the original owner used it but not much and it sat.

I have one that looks new like yours. It is a 2008 model. It was crushed when new and sat around a couple years before a new case and covers fixed it up again. But actually mine is a rebuild.

The 357 can really turn up the rpm and cuts real good.

Husqvarna357XPrt.jpg

Husqvarna357XPltft.jpg

picked up this 2001 model this evening
View attachment 282616View attachment 282617

Very nice....a 2001 likely has the plastic intake clamp and a Walbro carb. Both are known to give problems. The carb won't kill the saw, but it might make you pull your hair out if it goes bad (won't rev, loses power in the cut). The plastic clamp can fail, allowing extra air into the saw (air leak- raised idle speed without a change to idle setting, slow to return to idle from high speed, revs to the moon, unstable idle- revs and falls) and killing the saw in short order.

Very nice....a 2001 likely has the plastic intake clamp and a Walbro carb. Both are known to give problems. The carb won't kill the saw, but it might make you pull your hair out if it goes bad (won't rev, loses power in the cut). The plastic clamp can fail, allowing extra air into the saw (air leak- raised idle speed without a change to idle setting, slow to return to idle from high speed, revs to the moon, unstable idle- revs and falls) and killing the saw in short order.

Lets not forget that the piston and crank in this saw are different from the later model ones (they changed sometime is 2002). Its got a 13mm (width) small end connecting rod. If you ever burn the piston out be careful not to order the wrong piston for it.

Latest posts

Back