Husqvarna 357xp ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milkman31

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Saw runs great but when left over night it will leak all the bar oil out.what do I need to replace to fix this?

It could be as simple as a bad O ring on the cap or pressure in the tank. Have you tried cracking the cap before putting it away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These have a bit of a bad name for the bar oil leak issue. Everyone out of 4 people i have known who has owned one has had this issue. I can't remember now as it was too long ago but 2 of them bothered to fix it and it was 2 different things wrong with each saw. Sorry i can't help any better. Hope you can get to the bottom of this. My 346XP NE will be on the bench this week as it has caught the same disease! :rolleyes:

Hmmm... does anyone know if this saw has the "eco pump" or is it a straight oiler when the engine is running?

All my saws have leaked bar oil the last two months, some a lot. They are in the shop, it gets cold in there over night & and warm during the day after I get the wood stove cranking. It's a temp / pressure thing and nothing to worry about.

Thanks sunfish husqs' site used to make mention if it had the eco bar oiler (when the chain spins) in the specs. I could not find it anyware.

Back