• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 359 needs some reconditioning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m21bmr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For sale is a Husqvarna 359 chainsaw. The saw is overall in good condition, has spark & compression, but I believe needs some carb work to run well. I got it to pop, and run a little bit, but it seems to be flooding.
I removed the muffler and got a couple pictures of the cylinder. Through the exhaust port, the cylinder and piston look very good to me. I didn't see any scoring or significant marks on either.
Things that I noticed about the saw:
The blue ignition wire has been repaired with another wire spliced in (see pic).
There is only one starter pawl on the flywheel (see pic).
Two of the clips to hold down the top cover (both on the starter side) are missing (see pic).
I could read HDA on the side of the carburetor, so it has a Walbro carb.
It currently has a plastic intake boot clamp
The throttle rod bellows is cracked (see pic)
There are some spots on the top cover that are discolored. Something appears to have been splattered on the saw at some point.
Comes with a good condition 20" 3/8" pitch bar and near new 72 drive link chain.

Asking $160 + shipping (Shipped from Madison, AL 35758)

IMG_2436.JPG IMG_2437.JPG IMG_2438.JPG IMG_2439.JPG IMG_2435.JPG IMG_2434.JPG IMG_2433.JPG IMG_2432.JPG IMG_2430.JPG IMG_2440.JPG

A few more pics. First one is the intake side of cylinder wall, next two are the top of the piston, then further down on the skirt.
IMG_2427.JPG IMG_2428.JPG IMG_2429.JPG IMG_2446.JPG

Latest posts

Back