Husqvarna 359 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlavalley

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Was just given a low hour (looks brand new) non-epa Husky 359 with scored piston. I have a good late model 357XP cylinder sitting on the shelf in my shop that I was contemplating porting out a bit and throwing on there with a meteor piston. I have been skimming through the threads and seems that I may be better off porting the original 359 cylinder rather than swapping the 357 setup. Price-wise it is the same $30-40 for either piston both cylinders have cleaned up nice. The 359 is obviously easier to port with removable transfer covers, and I am no pro. I would think the 357 4 loop transfers would perform better I guess that is not the case? I will probably buy a new carb and replace the faulty intake boot while I am at it since it sat 5-6yrs with fuel in it.

I plan to run the saw as a backup firewood rig to my 262XP. I have run both 359 and a 357XP in stock form and I think they are a wee bit anemic. I have seen some 359's that were runners hoping I can make something similar out of this one.

Latest posts

Back