Husqvarna 365 with Nikasil BB kit and a Snellerized 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
It appears as though the stock saw is only approx 2 seconds behind. I did not count the first cut as it didn't appear to be a complete round.

Good work, :rock:what are you cuttin?, should have used the same B/C on both, looked like the chain on the 365 is somewhat grabby.

It appears as though the stock saw is only approx 2 seconds behind. I did not count the first cut as it didn't appear to be a complete round.

I really thought Brad's saw was a good bit faster, as it felt and sounded so. But I guess that just goes to prove how much sound has to do with our perceptions of speed. That BB is totally stock other than having the base gasket omitted. The compression was bit over 160 when I checked it last night.

Good work, :rock:what are you cuttin?, should have used the same B/C on both, looked like the chain on the 365 is somewhat grabby.

Both saws are running the exact same bar and chain.

The tree is a loblolly that a ROW crew dropped directly in front of my house; how convenient!! It is a little less than 24" and probably 60-80 years old. The outer 1/3 is typical soft wood, but the inner 2/3 is nothing buy tar impregnated heart. You can hear the saw slow when in that part of the cut. An hour or so after cutting cookies, the end of the tree will be oozing tar.

I really thought Brad's saw was a good bit faster, as it felt and sounded so. But I guess that just goes to prove how much sound has to do with our perceptions of speed. That BB is totally stock other than having the base gasket omitted. The compression was bit over 160 when I checked it last night.

Both saws are running the exact same bar and chain.

The tree is a loblolly that a ROW crew dropped directly in front of my house; how convenient!! It is a little less than 24" and probably 60-80 years old. The outer 1/3 is typical soft wood, but the inner 2/3 is nothing buy tar impregnated heart. You can hear the saw slow when in that part of the cut. An hour or so after cutting cookies, the end of the tree will be oozing tar.

By big bore are you saying an aftermarket kit or an XPW cylinder? And the 372 appeared to cut faster through the beginning and end of the cut, could see where you could lean it a bit more but for some reason the 365 made up a whole lotta time right in the middle.

Back