Husqvarna 365xt (sleeper)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also did the spike/walter grind on my 2171w jonsered (non-x/t) bought a 52mm a/m top end nwp removed base gasket grinding off the lower transfer pieces a little message to the ports ..it runs well (recommended ) next I will do the same to the xpw stock top end (now reasonably priced ) and install that ............

What you got planned with the 2065???????

I recently picked up a 2065 for a bargain that was a bit low on compression (120ish) still runs though and descent cosmetics. Piston looks fine not scored or anything. So I'm going to tear it down. I'm pretty sure the 2065 has the open port 48mm cylinder. 2065/365's are great for what they are. The easy thing to do would be to throw a new piston and ring in the 48mm. But what fun would that be?

So I ordered a Hutzl big bore 52mm kit and Walboro carb and a few other pieces on their Black Friday sale. The plan is to do a simple port clean up job, degree the ports, adjust the squish, carb, fuel lines, seals, bearings, and muff mod. Maybe a unlimited coil. I know the aftermarket cylinders get a bad rap. I've seen good ones and bad so I'm curious to inspect the 52mm when it shows up. The Husky 350 45mm I got from Hutzl was atrocious but after a couple hours of grinding it's better than stock now. The Husky 272 jug I have was really nice and needed zero attention. So this is going to be more of a learning/educational adventure into porting for me. If I jack up a $15 aftermarket jug it's not a big deal compared to a $250 372xpw OEM cylinder. I can always get a new piston and ring for the 48mm and have a killer 65cc saw. But my end goal to equal or better a 372xpw or 372 x-torque. I'm generally up around 9,200 feet above sea level where we cut so I'm trying to hot rod this saw a bit to make up for the power loss at altitude. Starting out with 77cc should help. I've got a couple weeks off in January so I'll try and post something on a separate thread when I get around to the build. Sorry for taking your thread on a tangent @SierraMtns

I recently picked up a 2065 for a bargain that was a bit low on compression (120ish) still runs though and descent cosmetics. Piston looks fine not scored or anything. So I'm going to tear it down. I'm pretty sure the 2065 has the open port 48mm cylinder. 2065/365's are great for what they are. The easy thing to do would be to throw a new piston and ring in the 48mm. But what fun would that be?

So I ordered a Hutzl big bore 52mm kit and Walboro carb and a few other pieces on their Black Friday sale. The plan is to do a simple port clean up job, degree the ports, adjust the squish, carb, fuel lines, seals, bearings, and muff mod. Maybe a unlimited coil. I know the aftermarket cylinders get a bad rap. I've seen good ones and bad so I'm curious to inspect the 52mm when it shows up. The Husky 350 45mm I got from Hutzl was atrocious but after a couple hours of grinding it's better than stock now. The Husky 272 jug I have was really nice and needed zero attention. So this is going to be more of a learning/educational adventure into porting for me. If I jack up a $15 aftermarket jug it's not a big deal compared to a $250 372xpw OEM cylinder. I can always get a new piston and ring for the 48mm and have a killer 65cc saw. But my end goal to equal or better a 372xpw or 372 x-torque. I'm generally up around 9,200 feet above sea level where we cut so I'm trying to hot rod this saw a bit to make up for the power loss at altitude. Starting out with 77cc should help. I've got a couple weeks off in January so I'll try and post something on a separate thread when I get around to the build. Sorry for taking your thread on a tangent @SierraMtns

nice...may want to ck with @fordf150 and or @spike60 on that oem xpw unit to save some $ ..........;)

Jump on in anytime. I will be looking out for your thread. I cut up higher too, 5,000-7,500 ft. So it will be cool to see how you build this saw.

Latest posts

Back