Husqvarna 372xp ring gap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mifirewoodguy

I live off of 2 stroke gas and fresh cut oak.
Reaction score
Just bought new caber rings for my 372xp, was looking through the manual at the specs to check the cylinder and it says slide the rings down into the cylinder and measure the ring gap, gap cannot be > than 1mm, mines like 4mm ??? rings are 50mm x 1.2mm. put it all together and Im only getting about < 100psi on my compression gauge. Mic'ed the piston and its 51.4 mm and thats about what the cylinder is also... What am I missing here and why is there such a big ring gap? do cylinders wear that much?

Just bought new caber rings for my 372xp, was looking through the manual at the specs to check the cylinder and it says slide the rings down into the cylinder and measure the ring gap, gap cannot be > than 1mm, mines like 4mm ??? rings are 50mm x 1.2mm. put it all together and Im only getting about < 100psi on my compression gauge. Mic'ed the piston and its 51.4 mm and thats about what the cylinder is also... What am I missing here and why is there such a big ring gap? do cylinders wear that much?

Im wondering if this saw might have came with a big bore kit on it stock from baileys?

Howdy,
There's only 1 ring that I'm aware of to fit the 75cc version and it'a this one:
Bailey's - PISTON RING 372XPW 375K

Regards
Gregg

So this is a 375xp version of the 372??? I re mic'ed it again and the cylinder is 51.49mm and the piston is 51.14mm I forgot to mention Gregg that this is a Uni-Vent saw we bought from Baileys about 4 yrs ago. I called Uni-Vent and the guy told me they were stock 372xpw's.. Guess if its a 375 that would explain the mm difference huh?

Howdy,
There was so much confusion on Husqvarna's end as to a model number. We actually started calling them 375's to slow down the confusion. Husqvarna started calling them 372 XPW. That's what caused the confusion because they had a full wrap for years with the same model number. The reason why Univent said it was a stock 372 XPW is bacause as far as they were concerned the full wrap version was 75cc's. Everything that they were converting previously was the 372 half wrap with the 50mm bore. I don't think they knew that there was a older version 372 XPW with the 50mm bore.
For our Big Bore kits, we went with 52mm in production a couple years before Husqvarna came with the 75cc version for the chainsaw. They had the 375K (51.4mm) in play for awhile before this point in time but the cylinder porting was aimed at the cut-off saw rather than a chainsaw.
Regards
Gregg

Howdy,
That's exactly what we called it.
Regards
Gregg

Grande Dog! tell me i just bought the big bore kit for my old 372xp with a 50mm bore ...and i have to say its not smoked, or even lacking any power what so ever, love it...but i thought how could more hp hurt...

so tell me am i really going to notice more power, and am i going to have to fuss with the carb much? -dave

Latest posts

Back