Husqvarna 390 XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ran this saw and what kind of problems are they having if any? Thanks.
The new oiler adjustment screw has been causing problems. It can be backed out all the way destroying the worm drive. I have seen about 10 cracked cylinders, the PTO side bearing problem that plagued the 385 has been addressed. Pretty good machine so far. We have sold about 500 so far this year. Cheers, Simon.

The new oiler adjustment screw has been causing problems. It can be backed out all the way destroying the worm drive. I have seen about 10 cracked cylinders, the PTO side bearing problem that plagued the 385 has been addressed. Pretty good machine so far. We have sold about 500 so far this year. Cheers, Simon.

Cracked cylinders ?

Are they modded or stock.
Also where are they cracking

We have sold about 500 so far this year.

Wow! That is impressive.

We have considerably less out than that, but the word is that the 390 really rips. It's what the 385 should have been all along. Haven't seen the oiler problem. Guys love 'em.

I love mine - I have not gotten around to modding anything on it as of yet, but it runs pretty darn good right out of the box...

Back