Husqvarna 135 mark ii

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would recomend it over Stihl analouges....since it doesnt have plastic bottom end (metal clamshell end vs plastic one of 435)

You sure about that? The IPL makes it look like the 135 has the typical modern Husky clamshell design...that is, it uses the plastic case for the bottom of the "motor."

Stihl tends to "line" the plastic case with aluminum...at least on the 271/291 saws. I have no idea how much that bit of metal helps.

I believe some of the Echo clamshell saws use the older design...with the bottom of the motor being a bolt-on aluminum cup-like thing. IMHO...a better design.

Roy

I've had a mark I, it lasted about 6 years of medium use. Then it started needing parts and compression dropped marginally and it got harder to start.

I don't think there is much between the entry level saws from the big brands - say husky 135 versus stihl 170/180. They are both pretty plasticy and tacky. But if you want a small light saw and are prepared to replace it every few years, go for it.

Latest posts

Back