Husqvarna 262XP value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borisrph

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just wondering what this Husqvarna 262XP is worth. I am thinking about thinning my herd, and this is too nice for me to use to scrounge for firewood with. I purchased this saw several years ago. from the original owner. When I purchased the saw from him, I did not know that it had such a legendary reputation. It has low hours on it. I repainted the bar since there were some paint loss, and I replaced the original plastic clutch cover with a magnesium one from Husqvarna. Otherwise this is how I bought it from him. It came with a fuel vent in the case also.

Maybe a collector of Husky’s would appreciate this saw; look over the pics and let me know what you think.
IMG_4754.jpegIMG_4745.jpegIMG_4746.jpeg

IMO best was the early ones with K&S and 87 carb.

I get between 300-350 for mine because I like quick sells.

First year one here I sold to a member in my group for 325 PHO.

Other one I sold to local for 350 with b+c.

The others lived off the rep of the first years IMO. They didnt run as good stock for stock. But ported then it wont matter.

Think I recall later new in box ones being sold for 700.

h2629000.jpgh262346.jpg
h262noss.jpg

Yeah, $600-$800 was my guess, possibly more if you find the right buyer. Bought mine new in '94 for $480 and still use it. A small correction, the desirable carb paired with the KS cylinder was an HDA-87.

Thanks for the replies. I’m not sure what year mine is - I remember hearing that the serial number could be decoded giving the build date

Me a friend cut wood all day with these 2. The 262 little stronger with closed port. The poulan 60cc was open port. But we both preferred the feel and handling of the 3750 380.

That 262 is one I sold to local with b+c and muffler mod for 350. Had the mahle cylinder

Something about the 262 just dont care about from top handle to rear handle and trigger. Just feels off to me using.

Notice brake handles. Bet same.

Attachments

• p3750262.jpg
    p3750262.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
Back