Husqvarna 390XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
klickitatsacket

klickitatsacket

Addicted to ArboristSite
Winlock, Wa. under the shadow of Mt. St. Helens
I have had several come through my shop to be modified and have not seen any of the problems that have been spoken of. They turn up well. However if you are going to leave it stock then get a Stihl 066 if you want the better power to weight ratio. If you like the way husqys run and the anti vibes then save a few bucks and get the 385xp. The only times I have seen any problems with the 385xp bearing issue is with guys who tighten their chains too tight and almost always it's with guys who are running Oregon chain and forget to lossen the tentioner after they are done.

I really like all three saws that I mentioned and it really boils down to how you like to opperate your saw and how much money you are willing to put into it as to which one to get. I jsut don't think a guy could go wrong with any of them. :cheers:

BlackAdder

BlackAdder

ArboristSite Member
Thanks for the reply Dean. Its good to hear there are no major probs. Over here there is not much difference in the price of 385 & 390, only about £25.
That's about $50 on a $1400 saw. Stihl are even more, MS660 is about $1600+.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Thanks for the reply Dean. Its good to hear there are no major probs. Over here there is not much difference in the price of 385 & 390, only about £25.
That's about $50 on a $1400 saw. Stihl are even more, MS660 is about $1600+.

Minor difference between 385 and 390 here as well, but the MS660 is cheaper than both......:dizzy: