• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 394xp Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sensei1100

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
My first time posting anything for sale, I've been using the site for information and its great. I dont use saws for work i just enjoy running them and working on them. I bought a small lot of project saws from a local guy who said his uncle had them in a barn. Im no expert so if i miss something my apologies! If you want to make an offer or need more info please pm me your contact info.

Husqvarna 394xp- has a cracked case, small crack on filter housing, missing chain brake guts. Piston looks good thru exhaust port, all parts appear to be oem. $150+shipping
394 3.JPG 394 17.JPG IMG_3224.JPG IMG_3227.JPG 394 2.JPG

Can you shoot me a PM on what the shipping would be 53118. Do you take paypal?

don't forget to mark the thread as sold once the deal is through. Have never seen a case cracked where it is. Anyone know what would cause that?

Anyone know what would cause that?
Just spit balling here as I enjoy trying to solve puzzles...I will be doing a lot of assuming...it looks like the crack is located underneath where the muffler would sit. There appears to be a small divot located within the crack and it makes some sense to conclude that the divot represents the moment the crack propagated in both directions. In my limited knowledge, based on the angle of penitration required to produce similar marks I would think this accident happened with the muffler off the saw. I will also entertain your question further by suggesting an edge of a flat head screw driver may have produced this mark and subsequent crack. Also when looking at the mark with my untrained eyes, it appears the the angle may have come from more the center of the saw and left side based how it slides towards the right and away from center. At the price and interest others have shown this saw will sell. I am sorry if I have created any problems as I just wanted to try to understand the crack better myself. Please feel free to delete this post if it creates a distraction.
Live long and prosper all!

Looks like somebody's been binge watching Forensic Files on Netflix.

As far as the crack. I think if you were trying to separate the crankcase with one of those case cracker presses, forgot to remove a bolt, and put too much pressure on it, that could happen.

After some cleaning i found a second crack near the bar studs, it seems like the crack runs down from the muffler area to the bar studs. If this changes things for anyone who is interested please pm me.

Thanks-

After some cleaning i found a second crack near the bar studs, it seems like the crack runs down from the muffler area to the bar studs. If this changes things for anyone who is interested please pm me.

Thanks-

Definately helps explain the crack a bit more

Back