Husqvarna 395xp, how long have they been made for?!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthepunk

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a bigger saw and I've seen a guy selling a Husky 395xp local for a good price. I know the saws are good, thats not my question. I wanna know how long has Husky made the specific model 395xp??

Thanks for any help,

Regards,
Paul.

I'm not positive, exactly, but I believe the 395XP was first available in 1994, and can still be found today, at least here in N. America.

Just wondering about the 395 XP ? what CC is the saw and how much hp???
My father inlaw has one . Huskys are greek to me :monkey:

Thanks for the replys guys. I may go for it, inboard clutch or not, I think this looks a sweet saw! Can pull a decent size bar too! :cheers:

Mine has a front chain adjuster on it. Do all 395's have that or have they switched to side adjusters?

I think they all have the front adjuster and the outside clutch. Never seen one that was different form mine, its old style Husky. Only thing better would be a steel chainbrake.:clap:

Mine has a front chain adjuster on it. Do all 395's have that or have they switched to side adjusters?

Mine has the front chain adjuster on it also. AFAIK, they all do. Normally a pain to use when doing normal sawing, but for me, when it is on my GB csm it actually works out to be better positioned. I can reach it easier than a side mounted adjuster.

Scott

As I see the story, they were meant to have side tensioners (and originally were advertised that way), but that didn't work too well, so they soon went back to the front ones......:confused:

Nice saw with alot of power but whats with that inboard clutch set up on such a big saw.

The 395xp has an outboard clutch.

When you take the clutch cover off, there is plenty o' room in there to get the chain on and off...

The outboard clutch is really an non-issue to me... and I think I prefer outboard clutches anyway... no special tools needed for removal. And, you can't tell the difference when the bar is in wood anyway... :) :) :) :)

Last edited:
Back