Husqvarna 435, strato charged?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love my 435, besides the fact the carbuerator H and L screws are metal capped so i can't adjust them?

the differences i find with the 440 and 435:

440- Tooless chain tensioning
435- N/a

440- Cylinder Bore-1.65''
435- Cylinder Bore-1.61''

440- Fuel tank Volume-0.78 US pint
435- Fuel tank Volume-0.18 US pint

440- Oil tank volume-0.53 US pint
435- Oil tank volume-0.12 US pint

440- Weight (excl. cutting equipment)-9.78 lbs
435- Weight (excl. cutting equipment)-9.33 lbs

Yep im aware some of these numbers don't make sense, but im just the messenger.

Could be the power claim on the 435 is just as wrong as the engine displacement printed on the carton?
How long did Husky's web site say a 346xp made 3.4hp after the 3.7hp model was on the shelves?

at first i thought the box saying it was a 37cc just meant it was an older model i myself haven't looked an seen 41cc on the saw itself just what i've heard (not sayin it's not there). i actually shot husky and e-mail with some of these questions.:chainsaw:

Also, as Nikocker mentioned earlier in post from Troll the 2008 IPL for 435, 435e, and 440e lists cyl for all as 504735101, the piston for 435 & 435e as 502625001 and the piston for 440e as 502625002.

Now the 2009 IPL is up on site and cyl for 435, 435e, and 440 is same 504735101, but piston is now listed as same for 435, 435e, and 440e as 502625002.

Early this year when this was being tossed around the 2009 IPL was not available.

I'm getting cross-eyed on this:dizzy:
I looked at the IPL's again and need to correct my statement on the 2009 IPL. The part # for cylinder in 2009 IPL is listed as 504735102 for 435 & 435e, and as 504735101 for 440e cylinder. Maybe still disorganized on their specs, parts, etc.

Basically, you got 2008 IPL showing piston different between 435 & 440 and not the cylinder and then in 2009 IPL showing the cylinder different between 435 & 440 and not the piston.

Maybe by the end of 2009 they'll make sense?

i love my 435, besides the fact the carbuerator H and L screws are metal capped so i can't adjust them?

the differences i find with the 440 and 435:

440- Tooless chain tensioning
435- N/a

440- Cylinder Bore-1.65''
435- Cylinder Bore-1.61''

440- Fuel tank Volume-0.78 US pint
435- Fuel tank Volume-0.18 US pint

440- Oil tank volume-0.53 US pint
435- Oil tank volume-0.12 US pint

440- Weight (excl. cutting equipment)-9.78 lbs
435- Weight (excl. cutting equipment)-9.33 lbs

Yep im aware some of these numbers don't make sense, but im just the messenger.

Have you also thought the power was very good for the saw's size?

Have you also thought the power was very good for the saw's size?

the saws (dimensional size) is tiny. although my dad has an old Dolmar-Sachs 117 and both saws are about the same weight. the dolmar having a 64cc (correct me if im wrong) and quite a bit more power and a 18'' b/c. but man i love it deffinatly a high-rev saw love to be wide open, im pretty sure it's lighter than the 235 e series.:cheers:

the saws (dimensional size) is tiny. although my dad has an old Dolmar-Sachs 117 and both saws are about the same weight. the dolmar having a 64cc (correct me if im wrong) and quite a bit more power and a 18'' b/c. but man i love it deffinatly a high-rev saw love to be wide open, im pretty sure it's lighter than the 235 e series.:cheers:

Thanks. I've listened to a couple of the 435's when fired up before leaving dealer. They get your attention. I've handled both the 235 and 435 with 16 inch bars and the 235 does feel heavier (however, this would match difference in listed weight specs)

Thanks. I've listened to a couple of the 435's when fired up before leaving dealer. They get your attention. I've handled both the 235 and 435 with 16 inch bars and the 235 does feel heavier (however, this would match difference in listed weight specs)

plus the 235 and 435 are both 250$ is that a no brainer or what!

I shot an email off to Husqvarna a few days ago with a few specific questions, and still no response. I guess there so confused about these saws it would be embarassing to not be able to come up with a reasonable answer?

It's just a guess on my part, but we will find out that all three saws are using the same engine, same power level, just minor difference in features.

Someone posted above about the mixture screws being "capped", they are not capped. They just require a special tool to adjust them, about $10 on E-Bay delivered.

Mine was actually very, very close to perfect for carb settings right out of the box. I ended up running it slightly richer on the "H" screw, stock setting on the "L" screw. Now that's it's fully seated in, I had to add just a bit more fuel with the "H" screw, total adjustment just less than 1/4 turn CCW from the factory setting....
.....Cliff

I shot an email off to Husqvarna a few days ago with a few specific questions, and still no response. I guess there so confused about these saws it would be embarassing to not be able to come up with a reasonable answer?

It's just a guess on my part, but we will find out that all three saws are using the same engine, same power level, just minor difference in features.

Someone posted above about the mixture screws being "capped", they are not capped. They just require a special tool to adjust them, about $10 on E-Bay delivered.

Mine was actually very, very close to perfect for carb settings right out of the box. I ended up running it slightly richer on the "H" screw, stock setting on the "L" screw. Now that's it's fully seated in, I had to add just a bit more fuel with the "H" screw, total adjustment just less than 1/4 turn CCW from the factory setting....
.....Cliff

whats this tool called..

The 41 cc is on the handle label at the top in small type.

at first i thought the box saying it was a 37cc just meant it was an older model i myself haven't looked an seen 41cc on the saw itself just what i've heard (not sayin it's not there). i actually shot husky and e-mail with some of these questions.:chainsaw:

Look for the Black and white label. It took me a while to find it as well.
About 5 months ago when I was first considering the 435 as a replacement to my 141 as a trail saw I noticed the confusion between the box and the then-published owners' manual that was on line. I sent Husky an email questioning the displacement and at that time the representative DID say that the 435 was in fact the same 40.9cc displacement as the 440. I didn't believe him then because I thought no way Husky would spend the money making cartons listing the wrong 37 cc size if it was in fact 40.9ccs. But it seems they did!

Al :cheers:

Last edited:
Happy 435 owner

I happily stumbled, across this site while looking for a replacement for my Echo 4000. Made the mistake of buying a 235e at Sears and after getting it home did'nt like the flimzy handle or just the overall feel of the saw.

You seldom luck out by finding a site with this much practical hands on insite and information, which got me off the couch and back to Sear's for the return and over to the Husky dealer to pickup my new 435.

Thank's Guy's for helping me correct a 200$+ mistake that I would have to live with for years.

I noticed at sears they have a 235 with an 18inch bar?! what's the scoop with that. what is the 235 a 35ish cc. and 18incher seems a little overkill for a saw that small.:confused:

Your Welcome and by the way welcome to the site.

I happily stumbled, across this site while looking for a replacement for my Echo 4000. Made the mistake of buying a 235e at Sears and after getting it home did'nt like the flimzy handle or just the overall feel of the saw.

You seldom luck out by finding a site with this much practical hands on insite and information, which got me off the couch and back to Sear's for the return and over to the Husky dealer to pickup my new 435.

Thank's Guy's for helping me correct a 200$+ mistake that I would have to live with for years.

You'll like the 435 I'm sure, but if you hang around this site it will be just the first of many saws you'll end up with!

Congratulations on your new saw.

Al :cheers:

New Husky 435

Yeah.. and Sears has and extra 235 as of this date.

I bought a 455 Rancher about six months ago from them and it work out real well, except for the fact that I keep forgeting that I'm 58, not 18 and it sure gets heavy after about a half hour, its a good saw as long as it stays on the ground.

That was the reason for getting the 435, its light and it realiy screems.

It's a whole new world than using that little Echo 3000, wish I would have made the move alot sooner.

* Question- The Pro-saws the big 130cc 40" bar, what are these monsters, power head area made of light weight metals or plastic or a combination?thanks-tim

Latest posts

Back