Husqvarna 440 e-series

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oleo-Mac 999

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Good evening everyone, today I introduce you to my new acquisition ;) is a Husqvarna 440 e-series, to execute light work, because for heavy duty have the Oleo-Mac 999.
What do you think of this purchase? this time I wanted two things, a lightweight chainsaw and I can be assured that will not let me down.
Does anyone here have an equal machine? what are the strengths? what weaknesses?
Thank you all :)

I have a 340 the older non strato version. Two of the guys I cut firewood to sell with have the 445 versions. They like theirs very well for limbing and small work. Great little saws.

Today I worked with my chainsaw to cut some wood and I am delighted to be with him, lightweight and powerful for small jobs, very good ;)

The 440 and 450s are great little saws. Run good fuel at 40:1 and be ready to richen up the low end if you have to always choke it to start even when warm. You will either need the special tool or just heat up a small flathead red hot and make your own slot.

Good morning, I do not use the fuel mixture in the ratio of 40: 1 for chain saws. It's a good mix, but I prefer a little more oil. The chainsaw engine is an engine with a lot of rotation and as a consequence its use of the engine is always operated at the limit, if it has good lubrication, will go along way to grab the engine and have a high spending on repair.
I use in 4 liters of gasoline, 110/120 ml of oil motul 710, is a synthetic oil.
40/1 is a good mix, but I prefer a little more oil.
Husqvarna does not say what should be the ratio of gasoline / oil, but the blender jar I use is the STIHL and from 5 liters gasoline, they send put 100ml of oil, I think it gives a ratio of 50/1.
Sorry for my English, I know it's not very good :(

40:1 has more oil than 50:1. From my experience 40:1 is just about right. I know multiple people running 50:1 on a regular basis without issue. 100:1 is pretty common with the racing dirt bikes.

I think just as important as the mix ratio is the proper tuning of a carb, all the oil in the world wont prevent a melt down due to a lean set carb.

When it comes to snowmobiles I like to use the oil injection and mix in the tank around 75-100:1 for a little extra.

Plugs are cheap.

The mixture I do is in the ratio 33/1.
Little oil is synonymous with engine problems and I'd rather spend more oil than having expensive problems.

I do not think that is too much oil for chainsaw engine, hedge trimmers already use a mixture with less oil.
Just oil use in chainsaws and blowers that are engines that work thoroughly longer followed.
I've seen two chainsaws STIHL grab with oil 50/1. MS 250 and MS 361.
Since working with my machines, I never had problems with damage caused by oil or more, nor less oil.
It does not mean it's the right thing, but I always use more oil than recommended by the brands.

Latest posts

Back