• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 455 460 Modded Muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
I bought this from Ebay for another member. He decided to return the 460 and upgrade to a 372. When the muffler arrived we decided to go ahead and mod the muffler and list it here.

The muffler was used but in very good condition with no dents or rust. I removed the deflector and opened the area underneath, the edges were deburred and cleaned, and then the deflector was brazed back in place. You can adjust the restriction if you like by prying the deflector up. The spark screen is still in place and can be easily removed via the stock tab. It will come with a length of hi-temp reflective tape you can install under the top cover. This is not just HVAC tape, it is made for shielding wires, etc...from header/exhaust temps.

zedujuru.jpg
typu8eru.jpg

The price is $30 shipped. Message me and I will put you in contact with the owner. You can arrange payment and I will ship it for him. It is boxed and ready to go.

Beautiful work Neal, and I thank you for your efforts. I do wish I could have least heard that saw with this muffler. Just got a call from the dealer. The new 372 has arrived, excited to pick it up!

XP, was that a mistake?
Nooo!
Many prefer the older XP models over the newer Xtorq models.
Still both good saws though.
I don't think you made a mistake upgrading from a husky 460 to a 372, whether it's an XP or an XT, ya did good!

Thanks for the encouragement Chris. I have never heard a modded saw except for the vids posted on here, but even stock this saw sounds mean. So far all I have done is start it. Will cut some birch, and cherry logs Saturday for turning blanks.

Neal, everything squared up. Please ship to Adam, and thank you again.
Ray

I am new to the site and have a ton of questions for you guys. I'm looking forward to reading all of the information that the guys on the site have accumulated over the years.
My first question is about my 460. I'm wanting to open up the deflector as has been done to the one above. Should I keep the opening about around that size? Or can I go a little bigger? The reflective tape idea is brilliant, I've never even considered that before. Thanks in advance guys, I've been reading the forums here since my early 20's. Just now decided to sign up at 29

Back