Husqvarna 51 differences?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerMax

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought a Husky 51 new back in 1991 and it came outfitted with a Zama EL-7 carburetor. I picked up another Husky 51 last summer and it has a Walbro WT-170 carburetor on it. The latest 51 is a bit newer model, as it has the 'air injection' parts in it. Why were different carburetor's used on the same model saw? Which carburetor has proven to be the better performer?

Husqvarna 51 carb differences

I have worked on alot of these saws. The walbro wt carb is by far the better
carb especially now with all the ethenol issues. The carb kits are cheaper and
more readily available too than the zama. As far as saw performance they will
be about the same until the gas eats out the poor quality aluminum in the zama.
Also Husqvarna 51s and 55s are the same saw

I bought a Husky 51 new back in 1991 and it came outfitted with a Zama EL-7 carburetor. I picked up another Husky 51 last summer and it has a Walbro WT-170 carburetor on it. The latest 51 is a bit newer model, as it has the 'air injection' parts in it. Why were different carburetor's used on the same model saw? Which carburetor has proven to be the better performer?

Such changes happen all the time more or less. Some times there is a specific reason, some times not. It is hard to know without the service bulletin (or similar) about the change.

Back