Husqvarna 540T ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodyjiw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking to possibly purchase another T saw. I'd like a lil more cc and make my 334t my back up saw.

I would like some real world advise. I'm also considering a 200t but have no experience with either saw personally. I run all Husqvarnas currently.

Let's here some opinions... Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with a T540. Ran many of them and rebuilt a few straight gassed ones, worst one, had to have it re-flashed (older T540). Good friend of mine owns a tree service and those saws see 70% or more of cuts needed to remove a tree. Buy what you want, but don't believe all that T540 being junk, crap.

I appreciate the feedback so far. It is helpful, one of my main concerns of the new saws is the auto tune or mtronic. We have shops that sell them but I'm not 100% confident in them being able to diagnose problems or repair them....
It's tuff to beat a carbed saw

I have seen them and looked at them a few times now. Just wanting some feedback like I said, I'm not a husky fan boy but I do lean towards them as I've had good luck with them.

So, have you cut with a T540. I won't buy a saw, because it takes time to remove the muffler, but I will port one. What? One time muffler mod, bet most of tree service companies run them unmolested. Your money, spend it on what you like.

So, have you cut with a T540. I won't buy a saw, because it takes time to remove the muffler, but I will port one. What? One time muffler mod, bet most of tree service companies run them unmolested. Your money, spend it on what you like.

Yup a quite a bit actually, when and if it would restart after it got hot, as far as taking it apart IDK never took it apart.

Maybe the newer ones are better? The ones we had were junk. Husky has never been known for making a stellar top handle saw and were often poorly designed. The 335 and 338 are good examples. Who puts the air filter on the front of the saw and directs the exhaust at the operators right arm?

mine runs fine n dandy with a 14" bar on it...matter of fact it has become my go to saw for day to day cutting...if I am doing cutting softwood up to about 12" as it has no problems handling up to that size at all. anything above that and I break out one of the larger saws. if I was goind to mod it I might change y mind but i cannot see spending what they are asking for a MS200T and the 201 has its own share of issues that makes me say no. if the MS200t could be gotten for a reasonable price in good shape then yeah i would jump on that as they are a proven entity. otherwise stick with the husky.

@Kenmorgan, what share of issues does the current/recent 201T have? I know three guys running them as professional arborists and they claim they are just as good as their 200T's, which is the gold standard to most professionals in regards to an in-tree top handle saw. I have been using mine more than any other saw in recent months and it just eats and eats and eats.

@Kenmorgan, what share of issues does the current/recent 201T have? I know three guys running them as professional arborists and they claim they are just as good as their 200T's, which is the gold standard to most professionals in regards to an in-tree top handle saw. I have been using mine more than any other saw in recent months and it just eats and eats and eats.
Problems I probably should have said complaints then....personally have never owned one but the complaints I have read on this very forum are: low powered compared to the MS200T, harder to mod compared to the MS200T more expensive than the makita offerings, or the xx brand offerings... I never said it was a POS, just that it has its issues as well .

That makes sense! I have no desire to mod any of my saws until their warranties are out and even then I am not sure I want a louder saw. I think in general that most will find that Stihl top handles are the better and more suggested pro-series top handles on the market.

I didn't piss on Husky. I have a few of their saws and a JRed, just saying their top handles have never been stellar. Maybe the newer 540 is better, IDK.

They all have turds.

Back