Husqvarna 543XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Define "chinky".

Looks to me the carb is split? Easy destarto.........

Been waiting a while for a metal case replacement for my 435 (as if the plastic case has failed me).

Search '5200 chainsaw' in google, in the uk we have an endless supply of these 'fake' stihl/huskys, usually identified by those big black spots above the fuel cap and by the oil cap, but this husky has those spots?!

Search '5200 chainsaw' in google, in the uk we have an endless supply of these 'fake' stihl/huskys, usually identified by those big black spots above the fuel cap and by the oil cap, but this husky has those spots?!

Rubber antivibe aka big black spots.

The saw certainly looks like a Japanese design.

Regarding the fakes (as opposed to copies) I have notised that the UK market is flowing over by them, worse than any other market I have looked into.

It is no surprice that many of those fakes reminds of some older Zenoah saw....

Last edited:
Regarding the fakes (as opposed to copies) I have notised that the UK market is flowing over by them, worse than any other market I have looked into.

It is no surprice that may of those fakes reminds of some older Zenoah saw....

Yes, unfortunately the government had the great idea of getting people to install log burners, it was great for the first few years, made a fortune selling firewood, now, however, there is a huge increase in the thefts of arb gear, one notable case is where a forestry worker had left a 660 idling whilst he walked a few feet away to get fuel or a felling aid, some people turned up on a motocross bike, one jumped off, grabbed the saw, jumped back on and sped off, another case is the rise in thefts of lumber, where whole stacks of 20'x2+' have been taken (without cutting up), these saws have flooded the market, along with stolen stuff, and all are fetching premium rates, as the homeowners don't know what they are buying.

Back to the 543: if it has rubber AV, this is a huge step back for husky pro saws, husky springs have been fitted to most saws (can't remember if the 335/338 have springs) and these are superior, the saw IMO is a regression in technology, it may prove a great saw, but, and I hate to say it, I think stihl has them beat with the 241

Back to the 543: if it has rubber AV, this is a huge step back for husky pro saws, husky springs have been fitted to most saws (can't remember if the 335/338 have springs) and these are superior, the saw IMO is a regression in technology, it may prove a great saw, but, and I hate to say it, I think stihl has them beat with the 241

Depends on your preference. Some would argue they like to feel and control of the stiffer rubber mounts (you won't hear me argue that). I do like the stiff feel of the 660 and 440 though.

Forward/backward meh, if it starts and runs reliably I'm a fan. :rock:

Depends on your preference. Some would argue they like to feel and control of the stiffer rubber mounts (you won't hear me argue that). I do like the stiff feel of the 660 and 440 though.

Forward/backward meh, if it starts and runs reliably I'm a fan. :rock:

Fair enough, I don't like rubber AV, they perish, but saying that, some on here prefer points ignition, manual oilers and what not. As for running reliably, that has yet to be tested, although the ipl has listed a piston pump on the carb:msp_thumbdn: :bang:

I replace as many or more broken springs from premature breakage than old age like rubber. The statement that rubber is weaker is an opinion. It's all about the feel and who is running the trigger.

I replace as many or more broken springs from premature breakage than old age like rubber. The statement that rubber is weaker is an opinion. It's all about the feel and who is running the trigger.

+1.

Man that hurt.

I've replaced so many 288 springs my head spins.....more than usual. Expensive to boot.

There was a run last year where I knew the 372 and 346 springs part numbers off the top of my head and exactly what bin they were in.... The only AV mount that doesn't break is the one that doesn't exist :D

Noob dumb question, but I don't know the answer. Are there antivibe saws out there that use both rubber and springs, like a combo unit?

Does the 543 feel noticeably lighter than the 550? As much as I'd like a strong 40cc the weight would need to be less than a 550. I see it weighs 9.9 lbs but paper stats only tell so much.

In my opinion based on using both, 550xp as well as 543xp, i say that they share pretty much nothing, and yet they feel pretty darn nice, both of em. The 543 is clearly more compact and such, the space between fronnt handle and the throttle is shorter and in some ways...more aggressive, i think 543 has better ergo´s for fast removal of branches.

With 13" bar and filled tanks, its back weighted, but with 16" or so, its much more balanced, when the chain & bar are .325" / 1.3mm....with 15-16" bar length and 1.5mm chain its at its best i think. But in my case, 13" bar is enough for the tasks that i work around.

In my opinion based on using both, 550xp as well as 543xp, i say that they share pretty much nothing, and yet they feel pretty darn nice, both of em. The 543 is clearly more compact and such, the space between fronnt handle and the throttle is shorter and in some ways...more aggressive, i think 543 has better ergo´s for fast removal of branches.

With 13" bar and filled tanks, its back weighted, but with 16" or so, its much more balanced, when the chain & bar are .325" / 1.3mm....with 15-16" bar length and 1.5mm chain its at its best i think. But in my case, 13" bar is enough for the tasks that i work around.

I dislike using 13" bars on most saws, just because of that rear heavy balance. ;)

Well i am not saying that my favourite bar is 13", but its the most commonly used here. Even the 15-16" bars that i use are there due to the tasks that i get to do, are considered huge.

I like the "extra" 2 inches, it allows for sawing the common trunks, from one side of the tree trunk in most cases.

But if i have 15" bar, its a PITA to get a spare chain and bar...really. The shops mostly offer that 13" stuff.

It seems that the 543XP/G now is starting to be promoted, at least with a press release, and also appearing in the shops in Sweden.
nxj3uyayix12lcb0kjmr.jpg

Ref:
http://www.husqvarna.com/files/Husqvarna/Sweden/News/2013/543XP.pdf

Latest posts

Back