Husqvarna 55 piston?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd go Meteor before either of those. Even with that said I do NOT use any aftermarket P/C's in any saws that we work on here. OEM or into the scrap heap they go.

I only say that because I do NOT want to be "married" to the customer. I correct the air leak, incorrect carb settings or tell them to put some oil in the fuel next time and don't ever want to see that saw again. IF you use low quality or sub standard parts and charge them a decent labor rate to resurrect their saw from the dead, you'll get it right back in your lap when the low quality part decides to take a **** on them.......Cliff

I'd go Meteor before either of those. Even with that said I do NOT use any aftermarket P/C's in any saws that we work on here. OEM or into the scrap heap they go.

I only say that because I do NOT want to be "married" to the customer. I correct the air leak, incorrect carb settings or tell them to put some oil in the fuel next time and don't ever want to see that saw again. IF you use low quality or sub standard parts and charge them a decent labor rate to resurrect their saw from the dead, you'll get it right back in your lap when the low quality part decides to take a **** on them.......Cliff

hi, i used a hyway 45mm piston in a 50 special 51cc. has very good compression and the ring was tight .007 gap. it is the original cylinder. KS not bad for the money. I have a new oem 46mm c/p when the hyway piston wears out. its my back up saw. good luck, gray top 40

My first choice would be a Meteor, they are just a couple of dollars more than Hyway. I've used both Farmertec and Hyway and didn't have a problem with either but I would replace the rings with Caber. If you use the Farmertec, you might want to replace the clips or trim the ears down some.

1604930208260.png

Meteor with cabers, had great success with their pistons, maybe find out why it took out a pison in the first place, once again - pressure -vac test pays to eliminate a lot of maybe's and possible wasting good time and $
[/QUOTE
I bought this saw cheap and the piston looked great through the muffler. But when I took cylinder of, the intake side of the piston had been chipped up probably by the air filter nut that fell into the intake

Latest posts

Back