Husqvarna 550xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cc firefighter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey all
I was wondering if anybody on here has any dealings with a husqvarna 550xp?
Particularly the autotune carb, my saw seems to be loading up when I let it sit and idle for more than 30 seconds. So if I let it idle while I'm moving a piece of wood, I have to feather the throttle tell it cleans itself out or it will fall flat on it's face and die. If this was a regular saw I'd just turn the L screw in a bit and all would be peachy. I did see in another thread that there is a L screw. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this and if so where is it located?
Thanks in advance
Craig

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S4

Doesnt sound right to me... Whats the fuel/oil mix/ratio? Slight Air leak? Checked Air filter?

The saw is only a few months old and only has a few tanks of fuel thru it. The air filter is clean and the fuel that I’ve been using is the Husqvarna pre mixed cans that you buy 3 at the time of purchasing the saw and they double your warranty. I found this picture online of the carb it looks like behind the air filter there is an air screw. Since this is on the air side of the carb, I think opening it up would let more air in and lean it out. Whereas the typical L screw being on the on the front of the carb closing it would lean it out. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Attachments

• 550xp carb.PNG
    550xp carb.PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 62
Im not one touch that. Im on masterminds camp that i feel its compensating for something else that is perhaps not right. Then again i could be wrong.
Send a message to bsnelling hes played with those. Hes your man.

Latest posts

Back