Husqvarna 560XP/562XP Projected Delivery Date

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahaha.

I'm what, 120km over the hills from you and it's just the same here.
Chainsaws are left in ute beds all the time, no one locks their house.
A bit different to the city though.

It was like that here when I was growing up.....40 years later, not so much.

It takes a .325 on a 8 pin sprocket to have the chain surface speed of a 3/8 ths with a 7 pin sprocket?

But there are more cutters per inch with a .325 chain.

The cutter is higher and wider with the 3/8 ths.

I have these set ups but not for the same saw to find out the results?

Will the 560 with the small mount bar and .325 pitch chain out cut the 562 with a .375 pitch chain?
Since we don't have one to try.

I have wondered the same about my 357, but haven't tried .325 yet.

357 is close in power to the 560/562, but likely to be slower in the cut.

Anybody here run .325 on a 357?

It takes a .325 on a 8 pin sprocket to have the chain surface speed of a 3/8 ths with a 7 pin sprocket?

w8ye, All of my saws are .375 pitch I only have a Solo 643IP limbing saw that uses a .325 pitch. Last summer I was helping my neighbor cut up a 42" sweetgum. I was using a Dolmar 5100 .375 pitch chain. and he was using a Stihl Farmboss .325 pitch. The Stihl had a new 20" bar and chain but about every 30 minutes the stihl's chain would lock up on the bar with sawdust fines and we would have to remove the chain and clean the bar groove.

Last edited:
w8ye, All of my saws are .375 pitch I only have a Solo 643IP limbing saw that uses a .325 pitch. Last summer I was helping my neighbor cut up a 42" sweetgum. I was using a Dolmar 5100 .375 pitch chain. and he was using a Stihl Farmboss .325 pitch. The Stihl had a new 20" bar and chain but about every 30 minutes the stihl's chain would lock up on the bar with sawdust fines and we would have to remove the chain and clean the bar grove.

My brother runs .325 on a 290 farm boss and has never had that trouble.

I run .325 on both 346s' and no prob either.

Does the Stihl Farmboss have an adjustable oiler? Maybe he needed to turn the oiler up in the sappy wood. I do remember that he was using Poulan bar and chain oil. I think the Stihl oil has a better tackifier.

Last edited:
My Husky 357XP and Dolmar 5105 are both .375 X 20"

I also have a Stihl 031, Poulan 3500-60cc, and a Dolmar 6000-60cc that are .375 X 20"

They all cut good but I have not had anyone time a cut

I am wondering if it was the excess sap in the sweetgum.

Might have been, or dull chain and or not enough oil.

Does the Stihl Farmboss have an adjustable oiler? Maybe he needed to turn the oiler up in the sappy wood. I do remember that he was using Poulan bar and chain oil. I think the Stihl oil has a better tackifier.

My bro's has adjustable oiler, but he complains about not enough oil, with it set on high. Actually he cusses that saw all the time...

Sunfish, I have heard the same thing especially when you go to a longer bar.

He runs 18" and has had the oil problem since day one. Dealer supposedly fixed it twice.

Anyway, my Dolmar dealer says the .375 pitch will stay sharper longer.

I don't agree with that. I've been running .325 and .375 for many years and they both get dull. :msp_wink:

Really little or know difference.

Last edited:

If you use .325x8, the initial speed will actually be a tad higher than with 3/8"x7.

Anyway, there are are too many variables to predict the outcome - you need to try out the options to really know!

The 560xp should be capable of running 3/8"x8 or .325x9 with short bars - but it may not be very practical for general use.....

Just talked to my neighbor with the Stihl Farm boss. He said the .325 pitch chain has locked up on the bar many times but mostly when cutting large diameter trees. So we are thinking that a skiptooth chain will solve the problem.

Just talked to my neighbor with the Stihl Farm boss. He said the .325 pitch chain has locked up on the bar many times but mostly when cutting large diameter trees. So we are thinking that a skiptooth chain will solve the problem.

Sounds like something wrong with the saw, or bar. Chain too tight to start with, or???

Sounds like something wrong with the saw, or bar. Chain too tight to start with, or???

My neighbor has been cutting firewood for 44 years. This ain't his first rodeo. I've been trying to get him to switch to .375 pitch chain to see if the problem still exists. Anyway I have cut right beside him with my 5105 with a 20" bar .375 and I'm not having any problems.

Back