Husqvarna 562 xpg oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale M

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I just bought a Husqvarna 562 xpg.
I’m curious about the oiler system.
The normal bar/chain has the large
Rubber type hose that sits against the bar, that works fine. Below that there is another big slot that the chain tensioner slides back and forth in.I get a puddle of oil under this. I opened up the cover and took off the tin plate behind it. There is machined hole in there that goes to the oil reservoir, This is not pump driven and if the oil level in the tank
Is above the hole it runs out and you
Get oil coming out by the chain tensioner. Any thoughts on this?
I could put a small rubber plug in it to stop the oil coming out of there cause I can’t see any reason for it.
Will try and add pictures
Thanks
Dale M

Attachments

• 9A237BC7-FB88-448F-99DB-D66FD1B94071.jpeg
    9A237BC7-FB88-448F-99DB-D66FD1B94071.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 8BAB5181-D426-43C0-A08D-FB6A1C8DEAFF.jpeg
    8BAB5181-D426-43C0-A08D-FB6A1C8DEAFF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
If I'm not mistaken that is the vent for the oil tank, but it should have a hose on it inside the tank.

I’m not sure if there is a hose. I know when I tipped the saw on an angle oil
Was coming out that hole.will look inside the oil fill hole and see if a hose fell off .
D

Hi.
Your right it looks like I’m missing
Parts 8 & 9
I will phone the husky dealer in town and see if they can order them in.
Thanks for the picture.
DM

Hi.
Your right it looks like I’m missing
Parts 8 & 9
I will phone the husky dealer in town and see if they can order them in.
Thanks for the picture.
DM
You buy that new from that same dealer?

You buy that new from that same dealer?

I did not buy the saw New, the saw is a few years old, it was used once for 5 minutes he said, I’m believing that because I thought it had never been used. So I’m sure I will have to buy the parts if I can find them.
D

I called husqvarna Canada today the parts are $1.75 each but on back order
I ordered them and will get them who knows when. The local saw shop didn’t
Have them either.
D

I called husqvarna Canada today the parts are $1.75 each but on back order
I ordered them and will get them who knows when. The local saw shop didn’t
Have them either.
D
Hell at that price. I would order them from a sponser here and pay shipping to you. Can't be that much a little envelope.

Hell at that price. I would order them from a sponser here and pay shipping to you. Can't be that much a little envelope.

The price for both parts is $3.50. Seems cheap enough. Seems parts are a lot easier to source in the US. The Canadian dollar is worth about 70cents to the US dollar and customs and shipping and other crap makes a lot of stuff easier to just get from Canada.

Thanks Everyone for your help with this. I got in the duckbill hose and the little brass? plug for the 562, tryed it out today for 6 or 7 cuts and the oil goes in the bar now and doesn’t run down the side of the case.
My impressions of the saw after only about 2 tanks of fuel hmmm it’s ok, thinking my 359 with a muffler mod
And .325 chain on it is about the same.
Thanks
D

Thanks Everyone for your help with this. I got in the duckbill hose and the little brass? plug for the 562, tryed it out today for 6 or 7 cuts and the oil goes in the bar now and doesn’t run down the side of the case.
My impressions of the saw after only about 2 tanks of fuel hmmm it’s ok, thinking my 359 with a muffler mod
And .325 chain on it is about the same.
Thanks
D
Same bar length?
Those are very similar powdered saws. I think what you'd be comparing is the ergonomics and AV's between those two.

The 359 has an 18” bar
The 562 has a 20” bar.
I only cut a truck load of wood every 4-6 weeks just for the fireplace. I just
Like chainsaws and have had loads of them. Think a 372 or 576 is next, don’t need it but want one. I only cut pine up to about 14”,usually it’s about 10”.
DM

The 359 has an 18” bar
The 562 has a 20” bar.
I only cut a truck load of wood every 4-6 weeks just for the fireplace. I just
Like chainsaws and have had loads of them. Think a 372 or 576 is next, don’t need it but want one. I only cut pine up to about 14”,usually it’s about 10”.
DM
I had 2 372 xp's and have and use a 576xp. The 372 is definitely lighter and may have better A/V to it. I didn't keep them long enough to make a huge judgment of them because I like the 576 so much there was no need for a 372 for me. The 576 is a BEAST, you won't be disappointed at all with one of those, but it is a heavy saw, so as long as it laying in the cut bucking up rounds it doesn't matter. Lol

Latest posts

Back