• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Husqvarna 61 rear handle/tank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edisto

Spelling/Reality Check
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my friend's dad's early model (white top Rancher) Husky 61 back in running shape. The tank is split at the seam. I have read that the aftermarket ones have throttle trigger issues, and so I am looking for a decent used one.

Did you get one?

Not yet. So far I'm seeing the same prices as on eBay. I'm not saying that the prices are unfair, just that for the same price eBay is a more familiar transaction for me.

So if I am reading this right, you trust Ebayers more than the guys on this forum. I got nothing for you.

That's not the case at all. I can see how you might take it that way, and I'm sorry that you did.

People that I recognize from years of posting, like yourself, wouldn't make me hesitate at all, and some of the members here are selling on eBay.

I guess the reality is that I'm just being cheap...I have heard for years how crazy expensive things were on eBay, so I thought that I'd bet a better deal here. If not, then I prefer to go with someone I have purchased from in the past on eBay, or someone I recognize from the forum.

In case you haven't yet, check pricing on a new oem tank at your husqvarna dealer. then compare those to the used oem tanks.
I tried one china plastic part once, it broke before i got it installed on my saw, cant imagine what happens in cold weather.

That's not the case at all. I can see how you might take it that way, and I'm sorry that you did.

People that I recognize from years of posting, like yourself, wouldn't make me hesitate at all, and some of the members here are selling on eBay.

I guess the reality is that I'm just being cheap...I have heard for years how crazy expensive things were on eBay, so I thought that I'd bet a better deal here. If not, then I prefer to go with someone I have purchased from in the past on eBay, or someone I recognize from the forum.
It's all good.

In case you haven't yet, check pricing on a new oem tank at your husqvarna dealer. then compare those to the used oem tanks.
I tried one china plastic part once, it broke before i got it installed on my saw, cant imagine what happens in cold weather.

No...I have no interest in the Chinese ones, and the price is fair. I'm just a cheap bastard.

Message me the pics if you don't mind.

Back