Husqvarna Bars - Oil Feed Holes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The oil feed holes in my Husqvarna bars seem pretty darn small. Has anybody drilled out their bars to enlarge the oil feed holes and had good success? If so, have you noticed any difference in bar/chain lubrication? Tips/suggestions?

JQ

The oil feed holes in my Husqvarna bars seem pretty darn small. Has anybody drilled out their bars to enlarge the oil feed holes and had good success? If so, have you noticed any difference in bar/chain lubrication? Tips/suggestions?

JQ

I know that some has done that - but personally I haven't found any reason to do it so far....

There is no need for this modification, you can flow gallons of pressurized oil per minute through a .125" hole, and the holes in the bar are larger than that. Alignment with the supply hole is the only thing that needs to be addressed, to make sure all of the oil gets in the bar and on the chain and doesn't run out the bottom of the saw on to your feet!.....Cliff

JQ

The oiler is adjustable on all but the lower end of Husky line up. I have only had issue with one saw all the rest were set fine out of the box, and that one saw wouldnt you know is non-adjustable go figure. Which saw do you have? :)

Kansas

The oiler is adjustable on all but the lower end of Husky line up. I have only had issue with one saw all the rest were set fine out of the box, and that one saw wouldnt you know is non-adjustable go figure. Which saw do you have? :)

Kansas

I have 3 Husky bars for my 385XP: 20" 24" and 28". I have the oiler set up at medium pump rate for the 20" & 24" bars and on high pump rate for the 28" bar.

JQ

my own and the ones at work are all set at full oil ,it saves the chains, bearing and the bars. but find no need to make the holes larger.

Back