• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna Bow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bplust

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm interested in seeing what's out there for Husqvarna bows. I'd like to put one on a 365 or 372xp.

Cash or trade.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Bryan

I have sold few nos husqvarna bow bars and have one left i am certain they only fit 200 series saws and such

For some reason, I feel like I've seen 372xp's sold on eBay with bows, but maybe that's just an overactive imagination.

What is the issue that makes the bow incompatible with the 300 series? I've never held a Husqvarna bow in my hands before, so they're new to me.

Thanks for the reply,

Bryan

I really dont know , i have a 372 and a 288 so i could try to find out , i know there something different my stihl bar adaptor dont work on the 288 ...

Frankly, I'll take any Husky bow I can get. I have plenty of 200 series saws I could put one on.

You will have to cut the top of the clutch cover on a 372 but check to make sure you have clearance for the brake handle. I don't think these saws were designed with a bow in mind to be honest. :laugh:

The 200 series with the chainbrake clutch covers would have to be highly hacked up to fit a bow on.

If you really want to put a bow on it, I think your best bet is to find a Poulan bow for like a 3400 that used the 5/16" bar slot and file it out to 9mm.

I'm just speculating, but I know the Poulan mount and the large Husky mount tails are the same and the oil holes line up the same too so a Poulan bow should fit with little trouble.

There is a guy in Eastman GA who rebuilds bows and sells guards for them if you find a bow that needs work. He may even have a bow for you. He is a member here, Bowmaster. I have his number if you need it.

You will have to cut the top of the clutch cover on a 372 but check to make sure you have clearance for the brake handle. I don't think these saws were designed with a bow in mind to be honest. :laugh:
What do you think these oem husky bows where made for ?
The 200 series with the chainbrake clutch covers would have to be highly hacked up to fit a bow on.

If you really want to put a bow on it, I think your best bet is to find a Poulan bow for like a 3400 that used the 5/16" bar slot and file it out to 9mm.

I'm just speculating, but I know the Poulan mount and the large Husky mount tails are the same and the oil holes line up the same too so a Poulan bow should fit with little trouble.

There is a guy in Eastman GA who rebuilds bows and sells guards for them if you find a bow that needs work. He may even have a bow for you. He is a member here, Bowmaster. I have his number if you need it.

What do you think these oem husky bows where made to fit mark ?

What do you think these oem husky bows where made to fit mark ?

I don't claim to know much about these Husky bows. Frankly I get weirded out when I see one of the Swedish or German saws wearing a bow that was invented by an American and were used in the US. Just seems strange to me. :laugh::givebeer:

But since your asking, and from the picture that was posted of the Husky bow, look at the double bar slots and how they will set the bow down lower to clear the clutch cover etc. They are still reversible. Probably made for the older Husky's like a 65 or 77 but then again, I don't know much about them. Are there any numbers stamped on that bow anywhere?

I had just mentioned using a Poulan bow for the chances of finding one of them would probably be much better. I'm sure they would work with a little modification.

20171116_212910.jpg mr. Mark I agree with you I always thought the 3400 displacement was low but this guy eats and eats, was custom put together in the 80s for my father and grandpa by some saw man , i am 35 so its before my time but i remember being a kid in the woods with dad just a poulan 3400 bow and poulan 25 and in 90s he added a makita ...20171116_212910.jpg

Those bows are interesting looking, but what is the practical use, where they are better suited than a conventional bar?

Doug :cheers:
Fire wood tree about like a telophine pole laying on the ground ' bow is a bucking machine .

Latest posts

Back