Husqvarna Carb Ajustment Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Termite

Time To Launch
Reaction score
I have a Husqvarna leaf blower with tamper-proof carb adjustment screws. It is called a four star stile,I believe. It has twelve points and the head is male, that is the points are external. Does anyone know where I can find a driver to turn these screws? I bought a set of one hundred tamper-proof driver bits but none fit these screws. Help! Husky65L Dolmar401,5100,7900

I have a Husqvarna leaf blower with tamper-proof carb adjustment screws. It is called a four star stile,I believe. It has twelve points and the head is male, that is the points are external. Does anyone know where I can find a driver to turn these screws? I bought a set of one hundred tamper-proof driver bits but none fit these screws. Help! Husky65L Dolmar401,5100,7900

eBay!!! Just bought one for 10 bucks, shipped. PM me and I will send you the link.

I needed one to adjust a Walbro carb on a Craftsman trimmer. Walbor is no longer selling them to the public due to some EPA thingy. It's posted on their site.

I read where a guy made one out of a piece of brass tube in the correct diameter.
He cut the tube to length and flared the end with a centerpunch.
he then gently tapped the tube over the end of the screw and the tube took on the shape of the screwhead.
Gentle wiggling back and forth allowed a tight fit that wouldn't slip and the brass took on the splines.
He then stuck the handle in to an old screwdriver handle and epoxied it in.

Dealers here won't sell those things, and someone I know tried to get one off Ebay and the seller would only sell to a dealer! I think the brass tubing thing is a good idea, I have some 1/4" copper laying around that might work too, or perhaps a tiny oddball 1/4" drive socket might do the trick. Where theres a Dremel theres a way!

I see this is an old thread. Looks like things are going to change since the old Trump was elected, yep the EPA will lose some teeth! Thank your lucky stars, really how much air pollution can a 28cc blower make?

I remember when the EPA would send a letter to Ebay every spring and accuse them of helping to beat the air pollution laws... Ebay would then turn around and drop all the listings for carb screw drivers. In turn then dealers would get all sweaty and refuse to sell screwdrivers to the public. This year the Chinese got everybody beat, I just bought that same splined driver for under a buck - shipped!

Sometimes you can tap a solderless terminal over the screw, or thin copper,etc. over the screw. Count the number of turns it takes to screw it down till it seats so you know where to set it when you re-install it . Remove it and slot it with a Dremel and replace it. I bought one of the cheapo Chinese tools and it didn't fit. Not sure if it was the wrong spline count or if the tool was junk. Ordered some from Wal-Mart ( double-D , etc.) that I hope are better? They must be on a slow boat from China because it's taking forever to receive them.

Latest posts

Back