husqvarna dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozerman37

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
so on top of logging ive also worked at a hardware store for the past 2 1/2 years that is a certified husqvarna dealer. i have sold lots of chainsaws among other power equipment their. lets say ive put in my good knowledge and made them some serious money. now i wanna buy a saw from them. brand new 372, why is it that i cant get him to sell it to me for his buyers price. without even a bar and chain? any words of advice? i know i cant get everything for free, but i go in when im not scheduled to work and even stay later alot, and i know what im doing their. i just dont understand it. him and his brothers who own the place buy tons of equipment at thier place, true they own the store, just doesnt seem so fair. i buy a lot of stuff from them as well. ok ive ranted enough i guess. didnt know if anyone had some words i might be able to understand and help me get thru this inconvenience. thanks

Some people are like that. They can't see the forest for the trees. I helped a guy work on his truck and some customer trucks for a little break on parts and the next clutch install in my truck he charged me full shop rate and I put it in with a little help from one of his guys to bolt the flywheel up and slide transmission back in later.

Some people are cheap, stingy,greedy, money grubbing bastards. Just remember that when they want something from you. "What goes around comes around."

I doubt that it's anything personal, just business.
A lot of businesses won't run anything through the books without making something on it. Others take it a step farther and don't give discounts to anyone.
There are costs associated with running anything through the books. Most people who aren't in business don't see them, and many who are in business don't see them.

Andy

thanks

i am gonna buy from another dealer and my boss is gonna be like "oh why? ughhhh" and i will laugh in his face .

I would shop around and see if you can get a good deal somewhere else and then ask them to beat it. They should beat the price for a good employee. If they won't then I wouldn't go out of the way to help them out.

I doubt that it's anything personal, just business.
A lot of businesses won't run anything through the books without making something on it. Others take it a step farther and don't give discounts to anyone.
There are costs associated with running anything through the books. Most people who aren't in business don't see them, and many who are in business don't see them.

Andy

If it's just business then I sure as hell wouldn't go in when I'm not scheduled and stay late. "Business hours" are what they are. You can always take that "it's just business" BS and give it back to them in a crap sandwich.

Look, treat your employees like family and they will work long and hard for you. Don't treat them like family (or treat them well) and they'll be resentful (eventually).....it's pretty simple IMO.

Piss on them man - go buy it somewhere else.

Latest posts

Back