Husqvarna Help!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soal6

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got the chance of a Husqvarna saw but theres no model number, just a serial number. The number is 1006 183. It has a metal brake handle and thats about all I have to go on at this moment in time. Has anyone any idea what model it is? I know its not much to go on

There was a metal handle brake cover that would fit the 162, 61, 266, 268, 272 and possibly some others. There was also one that would fit the 285, 1100, 2100, 2101 and posibly some others. I believe there was also one for the 181, 281 and 288 saws. In all honesty we need a picture, or more descriptive features at the very least, before anyone will be able to ID the saw.

EDIT:
I believe there was also a cover for the 180, 280, 380, 480 saws that had a metal handle.

Last edited:
It certainly looks like it could be a 181 or maybe a 281. But I am no expert on those models. Someone will be along to correct me shortly, though. I'll rep yer Gaelic hide when I have the bullets, tho.

I'll have to wait on that as I cant get near it until sunday/monday time. Could be an 80cc saw then?

Did the picture work ok?

Aye

191406d1311190429-husq-jpg

Did the picture work ok?

I would say: not a 181 SE! look closely at the area around the gas cap, and where the line of the back handle goes up into the top cover! And then look at my pics, from about the same angle! Think it´s no 4!

I´m guessing a smaller model, since it seems to be lower than the 181SE.

It's not a 181/281/288. Looks to me like a 162 but I could be wrong.

Yep, not a '81/88....see that little lip right above the fuel lid, 181/281/288's don't have that. Also, the size of the oil fill is too small. It could be a 161/162 or ??? Where's Niko or Spike? Tell them to get their lazy butts in here.

There was a metal handle brake cover that would fit the 162, 61, 266, 268, 272 and possibly some others. There was also one that would fit the 285, 1100, 2100, 2101 and posibly some others. I believe there was also one for the 181, 281 and 288 saws. In all honesty we need a picture, or more descriptive features at the very least, before anyone will be able to ID the saw.

EDIT:
I believe there was also a cover for the 180, 280, 380, 480 saws that had a metal handle.ID the saw.

Some small ones as well - and this looks like a small one, most that you mentioned can be ruled out - but more pics are needed.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's a 6 class saw. Now it's a matter of 61, 66, 161, 162, 166, or 266. I think most of the 1 series and prior saws had magnesium tanks but some of them where made long enough to be fitted with plastic tanks. Like a 61 is still produced in South American markets.

What is really throwing me off is the cylinder cover with the right side piece that covers the cylinder->muffler gap and the lack of a lip on the front over the muffler looking at the left side. Also, where is the forward cylinder cover screw? Pretty sure from the looks of the cover it's newer then the saw (and maybe aftermarket).

The muffler looks like an older tube style that would have been found on the 166 and below. I think you have a frankensaw.

Looks like a 61 with a new carb cover. If you look at it close enough the rest of the saw is a duller orange. Could also be an A65, L65, ect... A couple more pics would help.

My money is on a 61 with a newer carb cover.

Newer:
0.7B4C

Last edited:
Back