Husqvarna Help!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
191406d1311190429-husq-jpg

What you have there is a 162 IMO. See the little spot dead center of the top cover? That was found on the 162se and I have been lead to believe that it was a hold down bolt. The 162 I have has had a 266xp top end installed and that spot is no longer used.

If the tank is metal it should be a 162. Not sure if early 61 or 266 ever came with metal tanks,but I have not seen one. 162 had smaller oil cap than 61,266. Not a 181 for sure.

Last edited:
Well, Thats a whole load of info! Thank you all for the help! I'm going to see if i can get some more photos, close ups etc and post them. Thank you once again

My money is on a 162. Pull starter and give pic of the coil that will tell.
Shep

The 162 actually uses a two piece coil system that was a very common sight on all the earlier saws in that series. Your picture is correct but there is another piece that goes with it. The real test will be to mesure the bore, I believe a stock 162 would be 48mm. Mine has 162se printed on the silver serial tag, though you have to get the light on it just right to read it.

Latest posts

Back