Husqvarna Intensive Cut round files.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BuckMKII

BuckMKII

ArboristSite Operative
I had a chance to use the Intensive cut 3/16" Husky files this week and I must say I'm impressed. They are an aggressive cut file but leave a smooth burr free tooth upon sharpening completion. I've used most all brands except Save Edge brand, and these Intensive cut files are the best so far. I did a search on here for this particular file and did not turn up anything so I am letting you all know. Husqvarna says it's an upgraded design with 20% better cutting performance and longer lifetime.

http://www.husqvarna.com/nz/accessories/chainsaw-accessories/intensive-cut-files/

husqvarna_intensive_cut_files_boxed.jpg

Franny K
I was not aware such a product existed.

I really only have Stihl and Pfred files that I know. The Stihl one seems more agressive or the spacing between the cutting features a bit farther apart. Which do you prefer of these two? Just for reference. The tang on the two are different as well.

I doubt it is burr free at least on the side of the cutter that is a good way to tell when you have made it all the way around the loop, feel for the burr.

BuckMKII

BuckMKII

ArboristSite Operative
I was not aware such a product existed.

I really only have Stihl and Pfred files that I know. The Stihl one seems more agressive or the spacing between the cutting features a bit farther apart. Which do you prefer of these two? Just for reference. The tang on the two are different as well.

I doubt it is burr free at least on the side of the cutter that is a good way to tell when you have made it all the way around the loop, feel for the burr.

Between the Stihl and Pferd I prefer the Stihl since it seems a bit more aggressive. I believe the Husky files are made by Pferd but these Intensive cut ones seem more aggressive than the Stihl.

BuckMKII

BuckMKII

ArboristSite Operative
Intensive Cut ! Would that be a double cut file ?
SAVE EDGE is a Single cut file. Makes a sharper cutting edge. Whereas a double cut edge takes metal off faster.
View attachment 475077
View attachment 475078

I took as good of a macro shot of these intensive cut files as I could. It appears to be a single cut file since it is way more aggressive on the push stroke than the pull stroke, although I don't file on the pull stroke. I believe these are a Pferd made file since it's German made. I believe Vallorbe makes most of the files that are Swiss made. I'd like to try some of those Save Edge files and probably will get a dozen on my next Bailey's order.

2j4sx1y.jpg

CR888

CR888

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Is there such a file that's aggressive yet leaves a silky smooth finish?? Kinda contradicts itself a bit. Many do not realise ALL round Pferd saw files come in two types smooth & coarse, they either have an 's' or 'c' stamped where the writing is on the file end. The 6 & 12 packs state on the box which type they are too. Ask your dealer about this and he will stare at you similar to a deer looking at headlights, or resemble a deer with no eyes....which would be a 'no eyed deer'. Thats my experience anyway.lol

Sagetown

Sagetown

Farmer and a STIHL
I took as good of a macro shot of these intensive cut files as I could. It appears to be a single cut file since it is way more aggressive on the push stroke than the pull stroke, although I don't file on the pull stroke. I believe these are a Pferd made file since it's German made. I believe Vallorbe makes most of the files that are Swiss made. I'd like to try some of those Save Edge files and probably will get a dozen on my next Bailey's order.

2j4sx1y.jpg
Hello Buck: That's a double cut. See the fine cuts at the edge going across the deeper cuts ?
Here is a Pferd file, but I don't see an S on this single cut. Also note that there is only one cut into the steel. No cross cuts.
IMG_1352.JPG

Wildwinger

Wildwinger

ArboristSite Member
Just got a Husqvarna sharpening kit, roller guide and two round files and a raker file

Noticed the kit came with "intensive cut" files which I haven't used before

Haven't used the files yet so this is sort of a pointless post, but the kit with files was cheaper than the roller gauge by itself!!

Latest posts