Husqvarna model identification??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kester

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm guessing this saw was made in 2011, but beyond that I'm struggling to know what model it is.

Note it has a fuel primer and button to press to release compression to make it easier to pull cord.

Currently the carb is blocked after being stood for a few months :(

Attachments

• IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
I'm guessing this saw was made in 2011, but beyond that I'm struggling to know what model it is.

Note it has a fuel primer and button to press to release compression to make it easier to pull cord.

Currently the carb is blocked after being stood for a few months :(
Welcome to AS Kester.
I would say it's a 346xp.
Should make a nice little saw once you get the carb rebuilt and the saw cleaned off.
Have fun with it :).

Thanks guys.

I'm a bit puzzled that the adjustment screws only turn about 3/4 before they hit the stops. But suspect carb is blocked anyway.

Ta

After taking carb apart it didn't appear particularly dirty. So I tipped all fuel out of tank - it seemed sludgy, I don't know if my father in law accidentally put chain oil in there, or whether the fuel went bad (although the two stroke oil I thought had stabiliser in??). Either way now it is running!

I just gotta work out how to adjust the carb screws, which only turn 1/2 a turn or so. Is this a new design? Or an emission control system that I need to strip off?

Cheers

After taking carb apart it didn't appear particularly dirty. So I tipped all fuel out of tank - it seemed sludgy, I don't know if my father in law accidentally put chain oil in there, or whether the fuel went bad (although the two stroke oil I thought had stabiliser in??). Either way now it is running!

I just gotta work out how to adjust the carb screws, which only turn 1/2 a turn or so. Is this a new design? Or an emission control system that I need to strip off?

Cheers
There are restrictors/limiters on the jet screws. You can trim the tabs or remove the whole piece at the carb.
Here's what the tabs look like and what you should see when you pull the top cover. When you turn the hi/low adjustment you will see how they limit the amount you can turn them, simply cut the tab off.20170308_170155.jpg
Others remove the whole little assembly and it looks like this when done. I prefer the first method as you can use a standard screwdriver to adjust the carb easier and it's easier to line the screwdriver up in the hole. The other way you need a special tool or you can put an electrical butt connector on the end of a screwdriver and shape the end like the jet end in the carb (more trouble if you ask me.
Here's what the other method looks like when done.
20170308_165902.jpg

That's fantastic explanation and pics. I guess I should see how it goes first, I'm not certain how important it is to remove the restrictors; I was just puzzled how to start with the usual 1 1/2 turns of screw. But probably you're just supposed to start from the mid-point.
Cheers

That's fantastic explanation and pics. I guess I should see how it goes first, I'm not certain how important it is to remove the restrictors; I was just puzzled how to start with the usual 1 1/2 turns of screw. But probably you're just supposed to start from the mid-point.
Cheers
Basically yes, but I would start with the hi all the way counterclockwise as that will be as rich as you can set it with the limiters in place. If it won't four stroke then you will need to cut the limiter and adjust it from there. If you do a muffler mod you will have to trim the limiter in order to richen it up.

Great advice, appreciated.

It was bogging down under load, so I'll see how it goes.

I've nevered considered a muffler mod, but may google it at some point!

Cheers

Great advice, appreciated.

It was bogging down under load, so I'll see how it goes.

I've nevered considered a muffler mod, but may google it at some point!

Cheers
Welcome, muffler mod makes a nice increase in power on these little guys.
Plenty of info here an AS, but the search function is poor at best. I just google search what I'm looking for and the put forum at the end, in this case I would search "husqvarna 346 muffler mod forum". I don't really neednto put forum in anymore as google has learned what I'm looking for and feeds the right offerings to me, because google knows me better than me :nofunny:.
Good luck on it, you'll get it.

Back