Husqvarna Rancher 44 assistance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawa

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Greetings all.

I have just inherited a Husqvarna 44 Rancher Chainsaw.
30441 - 106070

The previous owner 'my step father' says it has never run, the gas tank was full of varnish and so he cleaned it out.

Now it starts with ether but will not draw gas from the tank.

He did mention that he replaced the gasoline draw tube but it didn't help, as to whether he did it correctly is anybodies guess.

You all might already have this FAQ going somewhere but I didn't see it.

Any recommended repair folk near Duncan and are parts easy to locate for this model.

Thanks in advance,
David :cheers: :computer2:

I don't think parts should be a problem,At this point I think the carb probably needs to be cleaned and re kitted-recheck the fuel line and filter.

This is really a fine firewood saw, well worth fixing and parts are reasonably easy to come by. Replacing the fuel lines and fuel filter would be my first step and then rebuilding the carb would be second if it still didn't run right. Good luck and I'm sure there will be no shortage of good advice here if you run into any trouble!

Thanks for your advice all,

I am more optimistic about inheriting this machine after your input, I guess some are not that resourceful; I was told that it was worthless by those I inherited it from.

Now onto parts location; full cut reg chain and carb parts, can either of you point me to a good parts supplier, either in the states or BC Canada.

I don't see allot of references to this model so far on the net.

Thanks
David

Husqvarna Rancher 44

I don't think parts should be a problem,At this point I think the carb probably needs to be cleaned and re kitted-recheck the fuel line and filter.

Ah, your in BC; do you know of any good parts suppliers out that way?

So far internet searches have provided little feedback for parts inquiries for the Rancher 44, are they cross referenced with another husky model?

Thanks,
David

There are several part lists availiable trough the Husky web-site, dated from 1978 to 1988 - which one applies to your saw depends on when it was made. Go to the Norwegian site, and hit "manualer", if you have trouble finding them on the US one.
Print just 44 in the third search window from the top - no letters.

The 444 was the pro version of the same basic saw. You can cross-check the part lists to see which parts that are the same.

Last edited:
Husqvarna Rancher 44

There are several part lists availiable trough the Husky web-site, dated from 1978 to 1988 - which one applies to your saw depends on when it was made. Go to the Norwegian site, and hit"manualer", if you have trouble finding them on the US one.
Print just "44" in the search window - no letters.

The 444 was the pro version of the same saw. You can cross-check the part lists to see which parts that are the same.

Thanks for that little tid bit; I thought there might be an upgraded version that would potentially carry the same referenced parts.

Could you give us a hand with the previously mentioned Norweigian web site location?

David

Thanks for that little tid bit; I thought there might be an upgraded version that would potentially carry the same referenced parts.

Could you give us a hand with the previously mentioned Norweigian web site location?

David

I added a link and some further instruction in my post above.

Ah, your in BC; do you know of any good parts suppliers out that way?

So far internet searches have provided little feedback for parts inquiries for the Rancher 44, are they cross referenced with another husky model?

Thanks,
David

I will look into it,Nobody comes to mind at the moment.If you want I could get that stuff but there has to be someone there.

Latest posts

Back