Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it would be about making money the less intial cost to invest is good bc if i dont cant make a go of it then i didnt burn too many dollars
The milling came later for me. The kits were fun and useful. Now the 660 and the 070 can produce something useful with the mill. Different kind of good.

You mean Stihl manuals? There is a beg thread. You can get just about anything you want there

My Farmertec MS 070 just came yesterday. Mine is pretty much like boomer's similar to my 076 av and little bigger than my 056 supers. The 404 chain and bar option is not looking too good right now. I had a 32" 404 bar and chain that I thought would work pretty well, but after looking at them not sure. The chain has about 75% life left. The bar looks poor. What seems like the best option is to try to get a 3/8 rim clutch so 3/8 050 to 3/8 063 chain will work. A reel of 404 chain will run about $425 and a bar $150 so just bar chain will be more than the saw. That would be OK if the 404 chain had some other purpose however it does not. I was thinking that the 3/8 063 has held up well in my other saws so why not use the 3/8 for everything. Hopefully going to my lathe/machine shop will not be necessary. Would like to find out what others have done. Thanks

A 36" Stihl bar is about $100 @ your local dealer

huztl chain + shipping is $75.29
that gives you 8 - 36" loops for about $9.50 a loop

i expect a small loop by the end of the week i will post some photos of the chain. others have given it a good grade

When checking with huztle was told that they do not have any large Stihl bars or chains for 404

It's ok, I said at your Stihl dealer, that must have been confusing. Those rolls of .404 on their website won't fit your 3/8. I must have really confused you. Sorry. We have just been talking about bommers 070. We can talk about your 056 too.

It's ok, I said at your Stihl dealer, that must have been confusing. Those rolls of .404 on their website won't fit your 3/8. I must have really confused you. Sorry. We have just been talking about bommers 070. We can talk about your 056 too.
so said 070,, only comes complete.. but you said they are going to offer kit soon???????

Ok so im preparing to order a ripping chain for the 070, does anyone have one with a 36" bar in .404 i need to know the drive link count. Thanks

Bedford not confusing at all. My 056's uses 3/8 regular chain. The 070 is setup with a 404 clutch and sprocket. A 404 roll of chain and another 404 bar will be needed unless the clutch and sprocket is changed to a 3/8 chain. If I go with the 404 setup then I will not have any of my other saws that uses 404. My little saws have been converted to use regular 3/8 chain. So will need to go back into my shop to see which way seems most practical for me. Thanks

You took it like i was trying to convince you of something. i dont do those type things. if you are more focused on using one chain go for it. i will not go further. i am here to have fun and if you feel the same way great otherwise i will stay on my side. no issues here.

on to something else.

i lucked up and got 3 NOS stihl .404 chipper type loops. the guy is having to work with the chain to get it ready, its in loops and he combining the loops so he can make the 3 -36". he is working also the rakers for me. 3 awesome chains how lucky was that. that should be around a week, he had to order the straps etc do it and send them to me. gonna be cooking with gas in a couple weeks. i need to go hunt the right tree.

Bedford not confusing at all. My 056's uses 3/8 regular chain. The 070 is setup with a 404 clutch and sprocket. A 404 roll of chain and another 404 bar will be needed unless the clutch and sprocket is changed to a 3/8 chain. If I go with the 404 setup then I will not have any of my other saws that uses 404. My little saws have been converted to use regular 3/8 chain. So will need to go back into my shop to see which way seems most practical for me. Thanks
I'm having the same thoughts.my 076 is the only saw I have with 404 and I would like to be able to use the other big bars and chains I have rather than have orphans just for a saw that I really only use for fun once a year.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

Heres another angle, how bout the legit oem stihls being made in china themselves! now when you add that factor i think i might rather have a knock off than a chinese oem stihl.
I will hazard a guess that ANY Stihl factory in any country whether it be China or Brazil will still have quality control that exceeds any small no brand China factory.

Don't get me wrong I still buy Farmertec parts, but there quality control procedures will be lesser than an OEM, which is backed up by their cheap AM prices and the fact that they are not a recognized OEM themselves, and never will be making copies.

Latest posts

Back