Huztl FarmerTec 070 Build Thread with upgrade info and completed saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's different bommer with yours
5493e2c8cf113c8b0c49f1fa0bbca0ac.jpg

View attachment 579030 got the bar and chain on mine finally, it is 104 drive links of .404 chain

Mine is set up with a 30" Stihl Rollamatic. Was hoping for a 32'' as that seemed the perfect size since the largest log is about 48'' and my 056 supers have several 48'' bars so settled on a 30''. The bar needed to have the adjusting holes moved about an inch forward to have a realistic range of adjustment, it worked perfectly so just the right amount of links can be used. My thinking was to convert to 3/8 semi chisel since that is what I have the most of. Since all of the suppliers that I contacted did not have the clutch and sprockets in stock I stayed with the 404 chain. Instead I converted a couple 3/8 saws to 404 chain so they would all be the same. The 404 chain cut way better than expected so was very glad to have the 404. I cut a few logs yesterday, but soon was starving for fuel. The pumper pedals in the carb got scrunched a little likely from sloppy assembly so was running inconsistently. Got that replaced and ordered another carb to have for standby. Try again today. Thanks

Yes sir i did exactly that you have to redrill the adjuster holes forward on the bar about an inch is perfect. This is done bc the bar i had wasnt a dual pattern bar. By drilling it your making it a dual pattern bar.

Yes sir i did exactly that you have to redrill the adjuster holes forward on the bar about an inch is perfect. This is done bc the bar i had wasnt a dual pattern bar. By drilling it your making it a dual pattern bar.
Happen to have a picture

What was your part number. I think mine is a dual pattern.

As you can see the numbers are different. I will need to confirm but I think I am good regarding pattern. My bar requires 108 links. The 108 blows my plan for 3 36" loops from 5 20" loops if I can't collect enough extra lengths

It's 32, 36, 41. I think off the cuff. I will measure mine when I confirm I have the right bar. I will leave it closed. Should know tomorrow

Ok so i took my 070 out today cut some 24" oak it did well the carb was almost spot on tune wise maybe just a smidge heavy but during break in its fine how it is.

Later today i sunk it into a white oak bigger than my 36" bar. So i had the whole bar buried and it pulled... hard. It doesnt spin fast but it also doesnt slow down either. And that was a .404 full comp full chisel stihl 46RS chain. Very aggressive. Overall im impressed. Man is it heavy though, self feeds lol.

I second that question. I haven't trusted any compression release even a middle aged genuine Stihl one and if there is a way to make them work again reliably..........

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

The design of this is different than the ones that lose their tops and a pin slips down into the cylinder.

These are not troublesome from my reading and that's why I questioned him about it.

What did you modify on your compression release?

After a little use the whole compression release became loose and was leaking. Most likely the saw was running perfect except the release was leaking until the engine would not run any more. So stuffed some string into the cylinder to make sure the plunger would not fall into the cylinder then unscrewed the release out. The plunger looked like the c clips were ready to fall out so ran a dremal tool around the head of the plunger making the grooves wider. After putting some lock tight on the threads it got put back in and torqued firm. I took two machine washers and cut a slit onto one side of them and reinstalled them as the OEM were but crimped them back on with a touch of brass from a pencil torch. For me it would be better to have the release not working at all than to loose it in the cylinder. As it turned out the saw is so easy to start the release is not needed at all. It cut about a cord this afternoon with no problems. BTW the chain speed is slower than most of my saws so the chain went through a large amount of wood with out needing much attention to the chain. Thanks

Latest posts

Back